1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Looking for a Battleforce...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Ninja03, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Ninja03
    Jungle Swarm

Ninja03 New Member

I'm a 40k player and recently decided to start AoS, got my start to collect and for a couple of weeks we've been looking for a Seraphon Battleforce, which in Belgium is nowhere to be found.
    We're going on a roadtrip through England (warhammer world included) in a few weeks and I was wondering if anybody can give me a shop name or advise on where they still have those boxes for sale.

Thanks alot

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Unfortunately GW removed them from stock. While there are other things we do have like our star collecting, unfortunately none of them are as good as the battleforce. If you want to try to get in the start collecting is always a great option and saurus recently got buffed. If you want to try out some skinks you could try to get a box of skinks and a bastiladon

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Satt
    Skink

Satt New Member

As above they're essentially out of print so if you find one left it'll be a rarity. I live near Warhammer World and they've not had any of the Seraphon battleforce in stock for months, else I'd had grabbed one by now. I think the only ones they have left are the Slaves to Darkness and maybe one SC battleforce. There's a couple of 40k bundles left but I can't recall what they had in. What is useful there is that they have all the online only models available in store alongside forge world . There are also display cases so you can see how everything looks assembled such as the Underworlds kits being coloured plastic before priming (though not all configurations such as troglodon vs carnosaur).

I'd recommend going to the exhibit. It's £7.50 per adult and can easily take 2+ hours to walk through with re-entry allowed throughout the day. The Fantasy/AoS room is about the size of a tennis court with even squatted factions getting some attention. 40k gets 2-3x that amount of space with some insane dioramas.

I can go have another look in WHW later this week (any excuse is good) but I'm pretty sure the Seraphon BF is unavailable there.

Lizerd likes this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Try e-bay and whatnot. Some older boxes float around on there even when GW has stopped printing them. I had the same issue with forgebane (I literally went to go and get it the day they were officially discontinued....)

Lizerd likes this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

They are on eBay, but they are generally expensive, often over $200. Either way it still is a decently worthwhile purchase.

6. Satt
    Skink

Satt New Member

Just been into Warhammer World and unfortunately the only battleforce they had remaining between 40k and AoS is the Slaves to Darkness (4 boxes on display so perhaps not the bestselling kit). I checked with staff who said the seraphon set was "long gone" there.

On the bright side there are some other out of print bundled sets in stock there. As of ~2 hours ago they had 3x Looncurse, 1x Realm of Chaos: Wrath and Rapture and 1x Blightwar on the shelves. Some collector edition battle tomes were also there. Khorne, Slaanesh, Gits and FEC were definitely on the shelves. I didn't spot Fyreslayers, Skaven or Beastmen out of the recent releases.

Hope the trip goes well and good luck on the search.

Off topic but something I noted in WHW: It's interesting that the high elf; non-DoK dark elf and dispossessed kits have been moved further away from the bulk of the AoS shelves (on the reverse side of the scenery stand) but the wanderer kits (sisters of thorn/wild riders and eternal guard/wildwood rangers, etc) are still amongst the properly establish factions with tomes. That goes for the heroes that still have WH fantasy packaging and made of metal too. The dark elf kits probably correspond to those with profiles that got squatted in the GHB19 errata though I didn't look for them in the display cabinets to check against.

Crowsfoot likes this.