1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lord Kroak's Impeccable Foresight

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by YZK, Feb 12, 2016.

1. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

Impeccable Foresight: Lord Kroak casts his consciousness ahead, reading the threads of destiny as easily as a mortal would read a map. If Lord Kroak uses this ability, roll three dice. For each one that scores 4 or more, Lord Kroak gains an insight into the future. Each insight can be used to re-roll any single dice before your next hero phase.

My question: Can you use those insights to re-roll an opponent's dice? It says any dice, implying also your opponent's. It feels a little bit odd, but could cause for some interesting actions.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Interesting thought! And I think you can! There is nothing in the rules against it. Though whether you re-roll or your opponent needs to do the re-roll seems to be the question. I would let him re-roll the dice if I was targeting one of his rolls.

Bainbow and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I'd go with this as well.

Bainbow likes this.
  4. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

To me, you can force your opponent to re-roll one of his dice without any doubt:
    it seems even reasonable narratively speaking.
    Kroak has an insight -> he foresees the warrior he's facing is going to wreck his *** by inclifcting a mortal wound
    with his axe -> Kroak now is aware of the danger, so he will put a lot of attenction into avoid that hit (so making his enemy reroll
    his To Hit or To Wound roll)! :D

Bainbow and StealthKnightSteg like this.
  5. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

Thanks all, that makes a lot of sense, actually!
    That makes Kroak very good in a defensive army indeed..!
    Combine that with a Skink Starseer (or multiple!), and you can change fate!

Since you can't force your opponent to re-roll the re-roll (re-rolls can't be re-rolled).
    But if he were to roll 2 dice, I could force them to re-roll 1 of them.
    Then, if they're still successful, I could force them to re-roll the other, correct?

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You could make the opponent re roll the other dice, there it's still an active roll awaiting results.

Blakksheep likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It says any "single" dice before your hero phase so that could be when you roll one dice as rolling 2 dice is not "single" or it could be any dice.

I would go with the later and if so yes you can re-roll "any" dice once per your roll of 4.