1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LO's Second AoD: The Arena of Alliteration

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xlcontiqu, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Thinking about it now, I think the system for betting on higher up (eg. betting on who will win the final at this stage) doesn't really work.

If I bet 10 gold for me to win the final, it would net me 40 gold if i succeeded.

If I bet that same 10 this round and won, I'd have 20 gold, if I bet it all the same the following round and won, thats 40 gold, then again to win the final? 80 gold. and I can re-guage the field as I go to re-adjust my odds if I think my chosen champion will have a hard time of something. (eg, if I relied on KB and came up against an ogre or mino)

As for the not-saving, well, any money not "invested" has no chance to grow, so, unless your really unsure of all the results, it doesn't pay to save it really... at least thats my line of thought...

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Thats a very good point, and exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for in this trial. Will have to adjust the odds for later round betting. That will change for the next game.

3. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

A suggestion I would have for a later game would be that the odds each round might also depend on how many people end up betting on the same outcome, so that the amount you win off a fight that everyone expected to turn out the way it did would be less than the amount you win off a fight that no one expected to turn out the way it did besides you. Of course, that would introduce the problem of the odds changing after you have placed a bet... :shifty:

4. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

wow aod gets cooler by the second i might join in next Xlontiqu would have made a fortune last time :D
    so when does every one think the next one will be and strewart (didnt spell your name wrong this time) i know evey one has asked u but when is the next scum and villainy im dyeing for it

5. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

At least you're not dying for it. That can be fatal you know.

me sarcasm what? never.

6. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Hear ye! Hear ye! Round 2 results are in! Who remains after this bloody round? Read on and find out!

Eternity_Warden vs. Sao

Rah Rah looked across at his competitor, an undead creature just like him. The large blade it carried looked slow, and Rah Rah prepared to use that to his advantage. He rushed forward, intent on testing his opponent's reflexes. Sorekh-Ra just stared forward, moving only when the Vampire was seconds away from making contacts. He easily warded off the first strikes of the Vampire and counterattacked, gashing the Vampire across the stomach with a blow that would kill any living man. The Vampire survived however, and Rah Rah moved in to attack again, wounding the Tomb King twice with no return. Just as the Vampire was feeling assured of his victory he let his guard drop too much, and the blade came in again, cleaving his head off and ending the fight. (A pair of double ones on the Tomb King's part was the only thing that prevented the fight from being finished earlier.)

Victor: Eternity_Warden

JohnMavrick vs. Xlcontiqu*

Azog stared across at the noble Empire Grandmaster, and took a swig of his Backbone Brew, immediately regretting it when he began to feel woozy. However, his magical sword was not feeling the effects of the brew and it left forward with a mind of its own, gashing the knight across the side. Surprised, Sir Quinn struck back, but the tough hide and sturdy armour of the orc warded off all the blows. They entered a dance of death, neither of them being able to best the other, with Sir Quinn wounding the orc twice in succession and Azog returning another wound, unable to finish the sturdy knight off. They withdrew from the combat, both wounded and tired. The helm of the knight lit up with a bright light as they separated, and with his opponent blinded, Sir Quinn delivered the killing blow. (The orc took two wounds to failed toughness tests, and without those would have been eventually killed by the Warboss. The Grandmaster strength struggled to get past the toughness of the Warboss, with only one wound getting through that and the armour naturally, and only then with the help of the Helm of Discord.)

Victor: Xlcontiqu

Yzan vs. Sir Zantos

The daemonic herald peered out at the Saurus, knowing that its speed could not be bested by this cold-blooded lizard. Lust moved quickly, before Huitzilopochtil could waken fully from his groggy state. However, all his attacks bounced off the Huitzilopochtil's tough skin, with only his steed managing to sneak a wound in. As he passed by, Huitzilopochtil struck out, faster than the Herald was expecting and drove his blade deep into the Herald's flesh, its magical energies killing the Herald instantly. (Bane Head came into play here and with the Herald not warding either of his wounds, he was quickly finished off by the Oldblood.)

Victor: Sir Zantos

Dreadgrass vs. ryan88

Both of the competitors bodies were shimmering with protective energies and neither were in a hurry to test the others defenses. It was Alariel who moved first, bringing his blades in a deadly arc and wounding the Beastlord. The Beastlord struck back, but even with his rage did not manage to get past the magical armour Alariel had donned. Mr. T and Alariel entered a duel, with their protective energies keeping many of the blows at bay. Alariel wounded the Beastlord again, but this time Mr. T was ready and returned the favour. However, it was a little to little to late, and Alariel's blades flashed one last time ending Mr. T's life. (If the Highborn had not managed to pass 12/13 wards the Beastlord would have won, but those are fickle dice gods coming into play. This fight lasted just as long as the previous fight with the Highborn because both characters had such defensive setups.)

Victor: ryan88

So those are the results. Congrats for all who won! The next round will be going up by the same time next Friday, so you have a week to get your bets in, if you still have the money.

*Just a note for strewart, my name is indeed spelled with a "c". :)

7. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

wow this sarcasm thing has really come on :D
    do we have to do all sarcasm in this size
    oh eternity_warden sorry about copying the location thing :D

8. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Well, I must admit I'm crushed, I thought with the insanely low chance of the elf causing wounds/ managing killing blows, combined with my re-rolls to hit to allay the Spites, I would have a real good shot at this one, to find out my prediction was only foiled by some insanely jammy ward saves... :depressed:

I think the wardncer now has an incredibly good shot at the win... No one else is really geared to combat him, though the Tomb king's auto-hits could be effective...

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to gear up something for the next one...

9. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Looks like I made some money! I'll be expecting a wire transfer of my winnings within the next 24 hours Strewart.

A bit worried about facing the Empire grandmaster next round though tbh.

10. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

well i'm glad i made it. it was a scary round but congrats to my opponent for being a good sport. Looks like i'm up against the lizard. i think i'll have to take killing blow and my ward save dances for this one. that magic sword nulls my ward save i belive. if i'm wrong i'd a;ternate between killing blow and extra attack, but i dont think i am.

11. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Bets:
    ryan88: 20 gold on ryan88 (Wood Elf) to beat Dreadgrass (Beastlord) at 2 to 1 odds
    Eternity_Warden: 20 gold on Eternity_Warden (Tomb King) to beat Sao (Vampire) at 2 to 1 odds
    strewart: 5 gold on Eternity_Warden (Tomb King) to beat Sao (Vampire) at 2 to 1 odds
    5 gold on JohnMavrick (Orc Warboss) to beat Xlontiqu (grandmaster) at 2 to 1 odds
    5 gold on Yzan (Herald of Slannesh) to beat Sir Zantos (Saurus Oldblood) at 2 to 1 odds
    5 gold on ryan88 (Wood Elf) to beat Dreadgrass (Beastlord) at 2 to 1 odds
    Xlcontiqu: 5 gold on Eternity_Warden (Tomb King) to beat Sao (Vampire) at 2 to 1 odds
    5 gold on Xlontiqu (grandmaster) to beat JohnMavrick (Orc Warboss) at 2 to 1 odds
    5 gold on Sir Zantos (Saurus Oldblood) to beat Yzan (Herald of Slannesh) at 2 to 1 odds
    Dreadgrass: 20 gold on Dreadgrass (Beastlord) to beat ryan88 (Wood Elf) at 2 to 1 odds
    Yzan: 20 gold on Yzan (Herald of Slannesh) to beat Sir Zantos (Saurus Oldblood) at 2 to 1 odds
    Sao: 20 gold on Sao (Vampire) to beat Eternity_Warden (Tomb King) at 2 to 1 odds
    JohnMavrick: 10 gold on JohnMavrick (Orc Warboss) to beat Xlontiqu (grandmaster) at 2 to 1 odds
    5 gold on Sir Zantos (Saurus Oldblood) to beat Yzan (Herald of Slannesh) at 2 to 1 odds

Winners of the round:
    Eternity_Warden
    Xlcontiqu
    Sir Zantos
    ryan88

Cash from winnings:

ryan88: 40 gold
    Eternity_Warden: 40 gold
    strewart: 20 gold
    Xlcontiqu: 40 gold
    Dreadgrass: 0 gold
    Yzan: 0 gold
    Sao: 0 gold
    JohnMavrick: 20 gold

I hope think thats all right. Might try to improve it for the next game, do it in excel or something.

Again, betting for this round is at $2 odds. $5 if you want to bet on the overall winner.

Xlcontiqu, not sure how I managed to get your name wrong, with a name like that I don't type it, I copy paste it from somewhere. :)

I'm crazy busy at uni and with other stuff at the moment, so Scum and Villainy unfortunately has to wait. Hell it even took me 2-3 days to get these betting results up.. Sorry slanny, you will have to keep dyeing for a while. Dye my shirt red while you are at it?

12. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

13. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

strewart dont worry about it scum and villany i can die for as long as you want ive got gcse'si know how you feel :D

14. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

Dang! Well at least I made it past round one. Bet's for next round;

10 Gold to Xlcontiqu
    10 Gold to Sir Zantos

15. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I bet all on Xlcontiqu

16. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

me too all on the empire hero.

17. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Yeah, Horstmans speculum ftw

18. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Hmm... I think I'll put 5 on myself to win this round and 5 on Xlcontiqu to win the whole thing.

19. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Sorry for the lack of results everyone!

Midterms are hitting me hard right now. Hopefully I will have them up by Thursday night however.

Not betting this round, because I think it might be a tad risky for me. The Tomb King and I are fairly matched, as are the other two combatants. So I will save my money and see who wins this round.

20. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

same deal, misdterms are rough...