1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lost kingdom minatures

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by ILKAIN, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Cleave
    Jungle Swarm

Cleave New Member

I've only just joined it but I can't see any references to previous months so I think it's new, as far as I know you will get the welcome pack when you join along with that month's content but I don't think there is any way to access content from previous months. They have said that they'll be putting all of the models from the Kickstarter on their store at some point so I would imagine the Patreon models will go on there as well, they only have the phyiscal resin models on the store at the moment but it looks like they'll be working through the range in bits and pieces as well as doing new exclusive sculpts.

2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I wish I had a printer... I love their models and spent like 250 on their "second time around" for the first Kickstarter. and I like that caster. really like.

Nazqua likes this.
  3. AxXlanaxKaiXaNka
    Skink

AxXlanaxKaiXaNka New Member

I am a member and their Patreon is brand new. They have not posted anything before this month and so if you join this month then you will have access to all of the files. And as mentioned above they are putting out some of the first wave of their lizardmen from the previous Kickstarter next month and potentially more over the next few months.

I also purchased one of the commercial licenses so I will be selling the models from both this Kickstarter and their Patreon. I imagine there will be places to get them if you dont have a printer. (Although of course we can't sell the 48 hour exclusives.)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Cuetzpal Pilli and Nazqua like this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that sucks... that's like the one I def want!

5. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

Ohhh man. You my friend are going to become quite popular on this forum, hahaha!! That's awesome though! I think I'll jump in on the Patreon for a bit and see how it goes. I don't have a printer yet, but I think I'll get one before the year ends. This way I won't have to worry about having to find stuff to print , haha!

AxXlanaxKaiXaNka likes this.
  6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

(Reveals scaly leg) you can see more if you subscribe today

7. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I would recommend asking the admins to pin a topic thread for you, they have done it in the past with other sellers (the bloody dice tower thingy, and the never forget your abilities app) it may help your business and keep the chaos of orders and questions contained to a single thread.

8. AxXlanaxKaiXaNka
    Skink

Yeah good idea. I was going to talk to one of the mods about it when we got a bit closer to the end of the kickstarter. I have been lurking on this forum for years and have seen a few of the threads where people sell stuff or take orders for things.

I am looking forward to printing everyone some temples and lizards!(and maybe a few big dinosaurs)

Nazqua, Cuetzpal Pilli and ILKAIN like this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

they reduced the Hietzual (carno) to 750 backers.

Nazqua and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  10. AxXlanaxKaiXaNka
    Skink

Yeah I am very happy with the updated stretch goals. Here's hoping we can get several big dinos.

Maybe we can get all the way to the Quetzalcoatl at the end. I would be extremely pleased just with the ballista dino or the one with the "engine of the gods" on it.

Nazqua, Carnikang and ILKAIN like this.
  11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

i have no access to printing so i wont be purchasing in, but keep me posted on what models you can print. i may have to do an order with my stimulus money lol

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O, do occasionally post on here what you got then :p

AxXlanaxKaiXaNka and ILKAIN like this.
  13. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

I'm glad they changed the backer #s for the stretch goals. Not gonna lie, they seemed pretty ambitious at first. Honestly, I still think the new #s are a tad ambitious. If they had more actual minis sprinkled in amidst the current rewards, the project would be much more enticing. I do understand that they're saving the minis for their patreon though. My biggest hope is that whatever minis we don't unlock here will just get added to the patreon stuff at some point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what's been unlocked so far so anything else that gets unlocked is just icing on the cake!

Nazqua likes this.
  14. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I think they wreck themselves for future releases... why buy the models when people can just wait for the cheaper STI or whatever file the resin print is

Nazqua likes this.
  15. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

now if they only ever did file creation and sold licenses, then I would say its smart.... but per their own releases they reinvested a shit ton to get more machines and better ones, to print their lizardman line. that's a shot in the foot to invest all that and then walk away, unless they found a way to profit from liquidating the machines... but then again that prevents them from doing model runs in the future.

Nazqua likes this.
  16. AxXlanaxKaiXaNka
    Skink

I was under the impression this was more of a pivot due to the blessing of nurgle that is currently making its rounds and their location, being based in Spain.

Honestly though that is wild speculation I have no idea. Perhaps they were always planning to release this stuff as huge line of .stl files. It seems to be working out for them.

I know they have always been limited in terms of the number of orders they can fulfill, there are plenty of people who still want stuff from their first wave and there was only a limited stock for sale in their store after the kickstarter. I know I missed out on some neat models.

They said late last year that they were going to be putting that first wave stuff on hold to work on a new project, presumably the current kickstarter, and maybe they don't mind the idea of not producing everything themselves if it allows them to continue working on new projects.

They do say on the Patreon that one of the reasons for releasing the files like this is that they don't want to produce some of the first wave stuff themselves (especially some non lizard stuff) but also don't want it to go away forever. I guess that means they are using the machines for other things?

I believe they mentioned selling some stuff from both waves in their store after the current kickstarter ends.

I am happy with it anyway. I just want them to make more new sculpts. A lot of the stuff they do is amazing and they seem to have plans for so many races/armies.

Cuetzpal Pilli and Nazqua like this.
  17. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I thought they were in south America?

18. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I think they aren’t going to do models much anymore. It sounded like they were trying to secure a manufacturer and the deal fell through. So now it’s going to be .stl files.

ILKAIN likes this.
  19. AxXlanaxKaiXaNka
    Skink

I will have to check again maybe I got it wrong and one of the new printers for their models is in Spain. I could have sworn they were too but now I'm not sure.

EDIT to prevent doubleposting:

Yeah the Kickstarter page says they are in Valencia, Spain.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    ILKAIN likes this.
  20. Cleave
    Jungle Swarm

Cleave New Member

Just as an update on the Patreon, these models have been added and they're doing a Tomb Kings foot hero, a Lizardmen mounted hero and a monster mounted hero from another faction as well. The polls are still ongoing but it looks like the Tomb Kings model will be an Ushabti, the Lizardmen will be a Saurus on Cold One and Tomb Kings are currently leading the monster poll with High Elves close behind
    1.jpg .

AxXlanaxKaiXaNka and ILKAIN like this.