1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Low Points vs VC

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by bhuddiver, Jun 10, 2015.

1. bhuddiver
    Skink

bhuddiver Member

So coming up soon I'll be facing my first Vampire Count player. I only have half a dozen small games under my belt, mostly against Empire. This will be his second, maybe third game. We haven't quite come up with point yet, but I'm guessing it'll 1000-1200. All I know for sure that he has is a lot of zombies. I'm guessing he will have 3 large units of zombies, and 1 other thing, then heroes. Here is my crazy idea (Getting it from the Saurs Tactica page): MSU Saur teams /w Scarvet Cowboy. It'd break down something like

HEROES

Scar Vet: CO, GW, AoD, BSB
    Scar Vet: CO, GW, Dragon Helm, Dawnstone
    Scar Vet: CO, GW, Armor of Fortune, Luckstone
    Skink Priest: lvl 1 scroll Beasts
    CORE
    Saurs: 10, Standard Bearer
    Saurs: 10, Standard Bearer
    Skinks Skirmishers: 12 J&S
    Skinks Skirmishers: 12 J&S
    SPECIAL
    Chamo Skinks: 6
    Temple Guard: 10, Standard Bearer w/Eternal Flame

BSB scar vet sits in Temple Guard. Other 2 SV in other 2 Saurs. They march up with BSB in middle. Target his hero unit with TG/SC group. Target other zombies with basic Saurs, let the other two cowboys free to hunt special targets, or go for flank attacks. Skinks are all there to take out anything big and ugly, or slow them down. I'm thinking of dropping protection on the one SV to give him a magic item to hunt ethereals if they show up.

Also, this is pretty much all I have for models (6 more Chamo Skinks, plus handful of CoR).

Is this a dumb idea? And if it is how should I frame my army to take on VC (I did look at the tactica, I just don't have a lot of models to choose from)?

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Interesting list for sure. I've never ran one like that, but it seems like you have a gameplan thought out already!

My thoughts against VC, his "small" zombie units will double or triple in size if you're not quick about it. A unit of 10 Saurus will have a hard time chewing through them. Really depends on his character though I suppose.

Your SVs will be golden. A magic weapon would definitely be a good idea, just in case.

Why the Banner of Eternal Flame? I don't see a use for it.

Also, I think you're packing too much armor. Your SVs should be able to rip up anything in that army except a vamp maybe. I like to make mine more offensive to waste all those zombies and necromancers. If you run into ghouls, just send the Saurus in first. Keep your big guys away from the poison.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015