1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lustria E-zine

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I don't know how many of you know this, but I create and publish the newsletter for my local branch of the society for Creative Anachronism. It's a medieval history re enactment organization. (I also make and sell medieval themed stuff on Etsy, but that's by the by.)

I would be willing to Pilot a small e-zine for lustria is people would write articles about any topic. All I'd need is a word doc with your text and then Img files of any images you'd like in the piece. I'd also look into/take suggestions on getting some artwork done for a cover and page border.

If anyone is up for this let me know.

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Interesting, and fun, and would like examples of what you mean, but I guess the flaw here is why put something in a word doc, send it to someone else, have them post it it in an e-zine, when it could be a new post?

Ritual likes this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Because I'll input it into the E-zine and make it look pretty. The word doc is just the easiest document type to transfer from

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

So formatting ("look pretty") is the only advantage over publishing right here in the forum?

Ritual likes this.
  5. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

We could distribute our Seraphon propaganda elsewhere though!

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

So, an E-zine is something that turns up in the Email? Or is it a hosted webpage somewhere..?

7. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

E-zines are fairly popular, and it gives people a way to store stuff on their readers and phones for later reading. It can also draw people to the forums and boost posts as people will want to see what people are working on (the rough draft phase) before putting it in one document.

Sorry, I'm a game designer by trade.

Bowser, BeardyGecko and Lord-Marcus like this.
  8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

T
    Thank you for the succinct help, sir.

Bowser and Dragonfire like this.