Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Rikard, Sep 20, 2015.
No problem, just remember to send it to me in a PM.
I'm still in! Almost done with my model, but a later deadline works for me - maybe I'll add some terrain and other doodads.
No rush, you've all still got a fair chunk of time.
Submission cut off date is still the 17th of December.
- Keep the questions coming if you have any.
Just a friendly reminder to those of you still at it, you have ONE WEEK LEFT.
Ok then everyone, tools down by day's end please!
I'm waiting on two entries still at the moment (both have notified me by PM as they're a tad behind).
But to anyone else who is furiously sculpting away, the second the 19th (GMT) hits then you're out of time (this applies to EVERYONE).
Should have said something earlier, but I have had all submissions handed in before the 19th.
Updates to the judging process to come soon.
And here are the contestants!
Order has been done alphabetically.
I'm just waiting on some images to be re-sent to me as they've vanished from the initial PMs, once I get those I'll post ALL of the entries.
Some very diverse work appearing and I hope some things that will interest you all.
Rules are as follow.
- Once I get the last set of photos re-sent to me I will make a new thread with a poll and open it to you all so you may vote.
- Painting is NOT important, this is a sculpting and converting competition, not painting competition.
- Remember, all minis are welcome, GW, Non-GW, lizardmen AND Non-Lizardmen, it doesn't matter.
- When voting opens, you will be allowed to vote for TWO entries.
- Voting will remain open for THREE weeks (given the time of year I know it's not always feasible, so this allows a little more flexibility).
- DO let me know your thoughts and feelings, whether you've entered, or watched this contest, feedback is always good.
- DON'T give up. Who knows, this may well become a yearly (or less) feature, if you don't win, don't worry, learn from it and come back stronger.
- Don't vote for yourself, while I'm confident no-one will, I want to make sure this one is crystal clear, as it's very easy to find out who has. Anyone caught doing this will be covered in BBQ sauce and thrown to the salamanders....also disqualified.
Your competition has really got people on here involved just look at how many entrees you had.
I hope you run another competition as I will enter my Chaos giant
Hopefully it will continue on from here, I've finished the voting thread, but the poll will remain closed until this Thursday.
I have Thedoctor's photos and so the poll is now open, I've included a link in the initial post of this topic.
Some of those works are really impressive.
A pity, because I would really have liked to have three votes to cast (for one, I've no doubts, but Im really torned for the second place...)
If there were 15+ people then I would agree, but I think being restricted so the choice is difficult is important, it should not be easy.
Had to make a decision on the base of a kind of temporary feeling which ones I like most... All made great things up for the contest!
Yeah, decision was tough to make, so many great ideas. But I suggest in next competition there should be point in rules that photos should be made on white background - everyone has some white sheets in house so it won't be a problem, and as I see some minis lost a bit of visibility because of that. It's also advice for next painting competition @Scalenex
Sounds like a practical idea for sure, after winners have been announced I'll draw up a thread for things to consider/suggestions for the next one.