1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malign Portents

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Christopher, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, the mini-factions are all old stuff that hasn't actually crystalized into a proper faction yet. E.g. the old empire is spread out over 5 or 6 "factions", none of which make much sense on their own. The new, and properly supported factions, don't have this issue. it's mostly just a bad attempt at keeping old stuff relevant but not giving it the support it needs...

2. Koriialstraz
    Temple Guard

Koriialstraz Well-Known Member

I agree with you, and I hope that they will continue to reform those factions like they did with the Daughters of Khaine. Specially for the old empire, like that my girlfriend can have a proper army :D

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think Dark Aelves show how it can be done. Most of them are in DoK or IDK now it seems.

4. Koriialstraz
    Temple Guard

Koriialstraz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that the IDK are part of the Dark Aelves. I thnik that they will do something for Melerion/Malekith

Aginor likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

I think I mixed up some pictures of IDK and DoK in my mind. I thought I saw Medusae and stuff in IDK but those are DoK.

I am also surprised why some Dark Aelves are DoK and some aren't, but that might just be me having no clue about the Old World.
    I somehow expected Bleakswords, Executioners et al (Darkling Covens) being in one faction with the DoK but they aren't (just allied).

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Why oh why did these not stay as Destruction!!!!!!!

7. Aginor
    Slann

Wait, Dark Aelves were Destruction??? Like, Orcs?

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

If I recall correctly yes but it was before AOS

In the old WFB they were Evil, I would so collect them if they were Destruction.

9. Aginor
    Slann

Ok that sounds strange to me to be honest.

Oh and btw. New story was released two days ago on the MP website, and the next one is due tomorrow.
    ...I have to catch up, I think I haven't read the last two.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

I read the ones I hadn't read yet.
    IMO one is a bit boring but has a cool ending, the other is a bit cheesy but a nice read. Looks like the IDK are being pushed a bit right now, which is OK I guess.

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Let’s hope not just yet because I’ve still got some additions to make for my Fantasy collection.

It would make more sense that they would be part of Destruction, but I can easily imagine a Witch Elf refusing to ally with a big ugly Orc. The Witch Elves think they’re artistes of killing things and see the Orcs as slow and stupid so they won’t ally with them, they’re not Undead so they can’t be part of Nagash’s forces and they also hate Slaanesh’s guts so they won’t ally with Chaos, even though in 4th Ed Fantasy and earlier they were marketed as part of Chaos, so the only place GW could put them was Order and had them as a barely tolerable cult within the Order ranks.

12. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Because they are not out to kill everyone immediately, just slowly. They also hate chaos which gives sigmar a chub

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think it is only a matter of time. Lure people in and then get rid of the lines they have no plans for. Some of the newer stuff will likely be expanded in much the same way the Witch Elves were.

It sounds strange that anyone can look at the Daughters of Khaine and call them order. Dark Elves were always an evil army... the way it should be. Aesthetically it makes perfect sense.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

+10000000000000000000000000000000

15. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

They are still elves, and thus one of the more drilled and ordered forces of evil

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A bunch of half-naked psychopathic fighting women are anything but ordered. ;)

17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Was talking about dark elves as a whole before the split

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Before the split they were anything but order. They were crazed elves in pursuit of killing, torture, sex, slavery, etc. The old alignments made more sense...

upload_2018-4-12_11-30-3.png

19. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Good point

20. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

I feel like this has been discussed before but you probably dont lurk much around the AoS forums so I'll try to be clear!

Unlike the old alignment you just linked, Order in AoS doesn't necessarily means good guys anymore.

It is simply a group of factions that allied with Sigmar to reclaim the Mortal realms from Chaos.

Basically:
    Are you a chaos worshipper? = Chaos
    Are you Undead/serving Nagash? = Death
    None of those two, but you are civilised with towns and cities and such? = Order
    None of the above? = Destruction

So you see, it is not unlikely to see the Daughters of Khaine in Order. They fit in the descriptions. The recent lore bonifications from the malign portents does show us that these factions sometimes make uneasy alliances and even plot against each other.

Best example is Morathi and Malerion talking about how Sigmar is a fool and is blinded to their schemes. Can't wait to see where they go with that!