1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Matched Play List GHB2019

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by LizardWizard, Jun 23, 2019.

1. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Will do. I will try to write up my assessment of the lists vs both top tier armies and mid-tier armies that are currently in the tournament meta.

Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

that would help im currently to close to this i need an experienced outsider that isn't afraid to be harsh

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I wanted to ask how does DT and SS-based lists fare in current meta of activations wars. I'm looking at taking DT to my next big tournament, but I really fear good screens and things that can kill rippers/scar-vet before they can do their job (oldblood will be safe for one turn).

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Well, you can't alpha strike Slaanesh unless they misdeploy. Otherwise they do fine.

Generallay there is a bit of a stalemate between Eels from Idoneth and Rippers with both opponent's waiting to drop their hitters. My experience with Idoneth is largely vs Pashby (who is one of top ranked Idoneth players globally). Both players need a bit of luck and some flawless play to pull off a win.

Dok and Skaven both explode and fall over vs the DT/SS list in my experience. Their saves are just too low to protect them from all the Razordons, Rippers, and Oldblood. The version with the AB and extra Knights is also good against both of these armies.

Gloomspit Spell editions requires strong movement phase planning. It is pretty damn hard to get 60 Stabbas with -3 to be hit off an objective. So try to stop them from reaching it to begin with.

Flesh-Eater Courts are very vulnerable to alphastrikes after their changes.

Lizerd, ChapterAquila92 and Nart like this.
  5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply!

I have a couple more question, if you don't mind.

First of all, how do you play if tournament pack contain Total Commitment battle plan? The thing is, at our tournament missions will be announced before each round, so I don't know if TC will be there or not. I'm afraid that if I take DT and there will be TC, this will be an auto-lose round for me.

And the second - how much CP do you usually invest on Oldblood attack? Do you keep some for rerolls or use Scar-Vets ability for reroll 1's on charges?

Lizerd likes this.
  6. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

How do you conduct deployment with the DT with SS list to ensure your Slaan has the most amount of protection from being targeted at range.

Also what determines on whether you are you taking first turn or second turn?

7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

You should Check out the Q&A linked to my DT Shadowstrike list. It answers your questions to a minimal extent. In the next couple days I can provide a more thorough answer. Just supper busy today :(

8. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

For DT/SS any ideas on what to replace 3 razordons with? Maybe another starpriest and a command point?

9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

It needs to be something with reach and punch. I would go with 3 Terradons. You will also need to be more positionally aggressive with your Knights as you will lose the Razordon speed bump.

Lizerd and Womboski like this.
  10. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Which one of your Meeting engagement tournament lists do you prefer to play? There will be a small tornament at the local club next month. Im looking for inspiration for my list, to what works and what don't.

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Double carno is the most fun. Eternal Starhost seems to be the most successful. Saurus Guard, Chameleon Skink, Terradons, and Carnosaurs are all great in Meeting Engagement from my experience.

MackiMac and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  12. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Agreed where Saurus Guard are concerned. Meeting Engagement as a game type really hampers your ability to field horde units due to both board size and unit size limitations, so apart from 10-skink objective grabbers the best units to take are really your elites and heroes.

MackiMac and LizardWizard like this.
  13. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Thanks I think that I will go the Saurus Guard route then. :)

One thing I noticed in your Shadowstrike list is that you can only increase the number of models in battleline units in the Main Body, so you will have to move the Terradons and Chameleons to the Rearguard.

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Khatif
    Skink

Khatif Member

If you want to keep the battalion in range for the Slann, shouldn't you move the Slann? Which you cannot because of the vortex. Or how do you mean to do that?

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

LoSaT can move the Slann and the vortex, so it can be moved at leisure while sitting on top of the vortex

LizardWizard, Khatif and Killer Angel like this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You can LoSaT a Slann on balewind vortex. Teleport does not count as move and it has been FAQed that you can do it.

LizardWizard, Khatif and Lizerd like this.
  17. Khatif
    Skink

Khatif Member

Oh, yes I know that. It just never occurred to me to use LoSaT to move the Slann to stay in the the range of the rest.

I always use it to teleport units or the Slann to replace him for summoning

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  18. Bartuk
    Kroxigor

Bartuk Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I just registered because of your great guides und lists. Tank you. Excuse my bad english please but i am asking myself a question i cant answer:
    In the DT batalion:
    I call my troops 18' around the slann (After losat and cogs) and 9' away from any enemy. Even with cogs the succesfull charge of SV on Cold one / Knights / carno seems risky to me.
    Excuse my noob question. Am i missing something? They have to roll 7+ or am i wrong?

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

You
    You can command point reroll the charge and constellations has a 1/3 chance of giving +1 to charge

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Hello, welcome aboard

Regarding your question, not only what @Erta Wanderer said (a 7+ / 6+ rerollable is sufficiently reliable), but keep also in mind that if you are using the saurus knights from the firelance starhost, then a charge is trivially easy.

LizardWizard likes this.