1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Dread Saurian Modification thread

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Jason839, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

So I am currently modifying my dread saurian to make it more appealing to me. Not a fan of the current version. I figured it would be fun to share what I’ve done so far and get feedback and idea suggestions.

work so far, cut the jaw and moved it forward so that it doesn’t have the dumb overbite. Cut off and sanded the dumb skin growth things on the bottom. Started to layer greenstuff on the stomach to bulk it out. Not a fan of how the stomach is so concave like that. Careful took a heat gun to the tail and tried to bend it straight. This is about as far as I could get. Still not happy with it but it doesn’t look like a rat tail anymore at least.

Attached Files:

Dragvindel, Noieter, Warden and 5 others like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

So far looks good, I’m especially fond of the stomach. Real dinosaurs would be a lot get their, and GW monsters are often shrink wrapped, lacking way to much soft tissue. Very cool, and I’m excited to see what you are going to do next

Dragvindel, LizardWizard and Nazqua like this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

In the end, they are not big adjustments and add that touch of uniqueness to the monster. I'll wait for further pics. ;)

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  4. Jason839
    Salamander

5. Jason839
    Salamander

6. Jason839
    Salamander

Finally got around to finishing this guy. I probably should have textured his gullet more but I figured it was soft tissue meant to stretch so it wouldnt be super scaley. Also shortened and straightened the tongue by sanding it down. Didn't like how it was flopping to the one side so much.

LizardWizard, Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Damn thats incredible, it looks much more like an actual creature and still has a very dynamic pose. Huge props to you on doing that :)

Jason839 and LizardWizard like this.
  8. Jason839
    Salamander

Thank you! I'm a lot happier with it now that all the little things that bugged me about it are gone. Still would prefer the total war version but this one is growing on me.

9. Noieter
    Skink

Noieter Active Member

Awesome greenstuff work! Now seem to have a little more volume, more live and realistic.

Jason839 and Imrahil like this.
  10. Jason839
    Salamander

Thank you! Sculpting is a skill I dont have much experience with yet, so Im happy it looks good.