1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Lz Army, New pics of the Mournfang

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by apollyonpt, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

+1 good job!

2. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Nice 6th ed? army :D

3. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

i would love to be able to present some more photos of the ogres but.. unfortunately both forums where i had them seem to have vanished so.. no way for me to get them back.. i will try to keep updating some more about the carnosaur project as i go , was out for last couple days so no painting was able to be done :p

i did fine a more detailed photo of one of the mournfangs without the rider so i will leave it in here

DSC_5118.JPG

lastly i did had saved a closeup of the little conversion on the back of the mournfang of the gnoblar itself.. those eyes.,.. i laugh till this day thinking on that poor little fella holding on for his life with his mouth hah :D

DSC_5181.JPG

Have a great day everyone !

Crowsfoot, Ritual, tom ndege and 3 others like this.
  4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice work, looks like a giant polar bear :cold:

5. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Hello again everyone ,

after about... 20hour'ish total work into it..(yes i'm slow! i haz excuse! 5 years without picking up a paint brush :p ... fine.. i know is no excuse! still! )

here is the about 99.99% complete carnosaur itself without the old one and the throne... (those are going to take 20 more hours ahahah )

First of all the 2 sides far pics (I'm sorry i don't have better lighting atm, its about 3:37 am and just finished this and decided to share it with u guys right away! :p)

IMG_20180616_031724.jpg

And the other side

IMG_20180616_031121.jpg

Now , Some Closeups so i can try and show a bit better the gradient on the model .. rough with this light! haha

IMG_20180616_031445.jpg

IMG_20180616_031338.jpg

IMG_20180616_031308.jpg

And that's what i could do for now..

I must admit.. after 5 years without touching a paint brush .. i was preety nervous starting out again with such a beautifull model , because i didn't wan't to ruin it , thankfully (atleast for me) i think i managed to pull through something decent.

Hope you guys like it , and feel free to comment what u think , i allways love to see all the comments you leave!

PS: that base was just for ease to paint :p , it will have a nice preety base once the complete model is painted i promise ! :D

Have a Great day//night everyone!

See you soon!

Nefertem, Blastoize, Warden and 3 others like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Getting better and better.

7. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

I think i might have a small problem...
    I might be getting addicted to tufts :D, just going to leave a small preview of the work in progress of the army re-basing, hope you enjoy!

IMG_20180618_153710.jpg

Nefertem, Warden, Crowsfoot and 2 others like this.
  8. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

Those are some (expensive) good-looking bases! The Carnosaur looks good too!

9. Aginor
    Slann

Great bases!

apollyonpt likes this.
  10. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Hehe thank you ,

Im lucky enough to work for GamersGrass.

The company that makes the tufts in the bases ,and, it was a gift from them the chance to use the tufts and redo all my bases.

Crowsfoot, Chicken Lips and Aginor like this.
  11. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Nice! (Sooooo....you're saying that you can hook me up......? ;))

12. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Errrrm... no :D, but, you can always check the website and get some ahahah ;):p

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

That Carny looks great, very clean painting so far and those bases look brilliant. ;)

apollyonpt likes this.
  14. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Well then .. The Saurus seem to have smelled new bases with lots of tufts .. so they are slowly moving in to the new terrain and they seem to be loving it !

In the next photo you can see 10 of them in the new habitat ... shhh don't make much noise ! we don't wanna scare them away!

IMG_20180620_001810.jpg

On a more serious note though ...
    im loving how they look in them hope you like it too , im sorry about the lighting quality i need to get some more lights to take pictures.

But for now this is all i can do, atleast you can get an idea on how they look in the bases

On the carnosaur part , ive done some work on the throne of the old one , washes have been applied and highlight will start tomorow if all goes well!

IMG_20180620_002014.jpg

that's all for today folks ! have a great time and good painting !

15. Aginor
    Slann

Good progress!

16. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

I like the blue at the top!

17. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Well then , the throne is preety much done!

Might add some smaller details but i am pleased with how it came out!

IMG_20180621_001644.jpg IMG_20180621_001659.jpg IMG_20180621_001708.jpg

That was all i was able to get done today but still is some progress! Hehe, have a great time everyone!

Warden, tom ndege, Aginor and 3 others like this.
  18. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

That looks awesome. Love the colors. I might suggest just painting the row of lower triangles a different color, probably darker in shade, to make that detail of the blue triangles pop more. I really think you'll love the result!

Crowsfoot and apollyonpt like this.
  19. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Rough week this one , not much time at hands.. hence not many posts .

Well.. what have i been up to hobby wyse? My terradons were a complete mess since i got them.. they came painted but since they are metal the paint was bad.. and i don't know what paint the guy used but.. let me say.. that wasnt citadel paints ! ahah it took me quite a few hours to take the most i could out and i ended up with this..

IMG_20180616_040014.jpg

Yeah... i realized next it wasnt a good idea ! why you ask? well then .. some days passed and.. i tought..."Let me get glueing these back again" i open the box again and i am like...."aww... shh.... how will i find wich fits wich now???"

As you might tell there are 2 saurus heads there .. and why?? well when i got them. the dude threw in 2 bodies that had no head .. and i tought i would try it... well.. it actualy fit better than the terradons heads themselves! LOL

Yeah.. that was a good fun 4 hours trying every single piece to see wich fit better in each body ! ahaha , i laugh now but back then i was almost crying! XD

The result of those 4 hours was this..

IMG_20180618_215350.jpg

Some days after i assembled them.. i was looking at those gaps in the wings and pannic was in place! "I never used GS how the hell am i going to do this!"

"Am i going to be able to do it? only one way to find out.. buy GS and get your hands at it."

Today was that day i mixed some GS and did my best to fill those cannyons between the wings and the bodies and ended up with this.. migh not be the best but hey.. better than all those gaps! one day ill learn how to scuplt!

36062905_10156395278318744_3343682986838065152_n.jpg 35114741_10156395278083744_2311243711545081856_n.jpg

Lastly a closeup of that body with the saurus head .. i think it looks alright , what about you guys?

Capturar.PNG

Thats all for today, ill work on the Carnosaur Rider soon , gotta start painting him to see if i can get that carno done and assembled in one piece!

Have a great week and sorry for the long post, but i like to try and get the experiences i go through , pass to you guys ! haha hope you enjoy them too !

See ya Soon!

20. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Still trying to decide the colors for the old one , but tought about what Chicken was talking on the throne and decided to try something similar to what he sugested and i am quite pleased with the result! ty !

I Went and painted all the lighter color triangles one by one with icy blue and realy liked the result, its preety much 100% done for me now! ehe

35991017_10156395543713744_1588860075265490944_n.jpg

Warden, Blastoize, Aginor and 3 others like this.