1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Fluff My Temple city and Characters

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Chaqkrolax, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Chaqkrolax
    Jungle Swarm

Chaqkrolax New Member

Well for my first post here (besides my introduction) I figured I would post the fluff I have created for my Temple City as well as the notable Lizardmen who live there.

Atlican the City of Tears

located in the Spine of Sotek mountains east of the Temple of Kara, the city itself is built high into the mountains and surrounds a vast lake. The city is veined with aquaducts and vast waterfalls, as the water courses through the city and down the mountain it connects with the Amaxon river in the lowlands forming the Piranha Swamps.

At the center of the lake is a monolithic structure known as the Well of Storms, this ancient device has been the center of a massive storm which has engulfed the mountain for thousands of years and has quenched the city in eternal rain. The Lizardmen believe that the Well was used by the Old Ones to alter the worlds weather but with their departure the ability to control the machine was lost. And so for the last 7000 years the ruling Slann of Atlican have each used their magic to keep the storm from growing and drowning the world.

Lord Necuazuma

The only remaining keeper of the Well and lord of Atlican is Lord Necuazuma who, born during the 4th spawing Necuazuma was amongst those Slann that created the World Pond and is said to have been taught by the Old One Tzunki.

Chicxulub the Afflicted

Though Necuazuma reigns as lord of Atlican the day to day operations of the city are overseen by the Skink Priest Chicxulub. It was during the Moon of the Yellow Serpent that the Skaven returned to Atlican, seeking to pollute the Well of Storms (and in turn the great river Amaxon) the Skaven of Clan Pestilence laid siege to the city. For weeks the Lizardmen held off the plagued servants of the Horned Rat and under the command of the Old Blood Chaq'kro'lax it seemed victory was assured until tunneling teams lead by the plague infested warlord emerged within the city.

As Skink Chief Zupa and his Outriders fought the main Skaven force on the mountains slopes Chaq'kro'lax fought to contain the hordes erupting at the cities center. Chicxulub himself fought against the blighted Skaven Lord and though he slew the foul chieftain he was unable to prevent the Skaven from bearing a virulent plague into the water. In an act of incredible mastery and sacrifice Chicxulub cast a spell drawing the entirety of the spreading corruption into a golden vessel and bound his life force to the spell in order to ensure its longevity. Chicxulub carries the vessel with him at all times for if it breaks his life would end and the plague bound within the vessel would be unleashed upon all of Lustria.

Old Blood Chaq'kro'lax, Champion of Itzl.

As the city of Conqua fell to the Skaven hordes during the first Skaven wars the cities few remaining Saurus fought a desperate struggle to protect the cities spawing pools. Just when it seemed the city would fall a mighty roar erupted from the depths of the spawning caverns. As Chaq'kro'lax emerged from his spawing pool the first sound to reach his ears was the clash of blades, as he took his first breath the smell of blood reached his nostrils, his first steps propelled him into battle and his hands first actions was the spilling of blood. Taking up the axe of a fallen warrior Chaq'kro'loq waded into the Skaven masses casting down all before him.

Though the city did fall to the Skaven it was not before Chaq'kro'lax and his remaining Saurus fought their way clear at the will of Lord Necuazuma. As Conqua was a city deemed sacred to the Old One Itzl it is believed that Chaq'kro'lax is the gods champion tasked to bring his fury against the race that defiled his city, such was his savagery during the first Skaven war that all members of that race bear an instinctual dread of him.

Warchief Zupa

A master hunter and and skilled beast tamer warchief Zupa and his Outriders have provided constant patrols through the Piranha Swamps and surrounding jungles. Zupa has perfected the taming beast known as the Capictlisaur, native to the Piranha Swamps these creatures are excellent ambush hunters, a fact that the city of Atlican has benefited from numerous times.

The Capictlisaur will lie in wait for days until the moment to strike presents itself, incredibly fast over short distances the creatures will explode into action often before the prey is even aware of it's presence. The venom in the Capictlisaurs saliva is so virulent it has been known to kill even Stegadons if given enough time. Zupas personal mount proved to be incredibly difficult to rear as it was the first of its kind to be captured by the Lizardmen, as a hatchling it bit off his hand which has since been replaced with a blade of solid obsinite.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I like it

3. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Give me more!

I'm inhaling this stuff at the moment.