1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Mythgital's Lizardmen and other races

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by little-myth, May 23, 2015.

?

How to build my Skinks

Poll closed May 10, 2018.
  1. Javelins and Star-bucklers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Boltspitters and Star-bucklers

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Moonstone Clubs and Star-bucklers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Found the model, should really try and finish at one point. I like the Magmadroth model, lovely amounts of detail. I think I got this one when it was more expensive, then I remember them changing the price. Unless it was a different model.
    IMG_20181209_141707784.jpg

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It is certainly my favourite AoS model. I look forward to hopefully getting one at some point to start my Fyreslayers army.
    Nope, same model - it was originally a crazy £60 for reasons unknown to me but GW then decided to put it into the Start Collecting box, which was £50 and gave you some extra Vulkites for free.

little-myth likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Even more than Empire models? ;)

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The Demigryph Knights and Griffin are OK, but don’t you dare compare the awesomeness that is Fyreslayers against the Empire State Trooper Half-Orcs. :wtf: :vomit: Grimnir would not be impressed by that comment! :oldman:

In any case, those are WHFB models recycled for AoS as the so-called Freeguild. GW should have ditched the State Troopers at least and kept the Bretonnian Men-at-Arms for the basic infantry, because they just looked so much better despite being older sculpts. At least they didn’t squat in the field of combat like the State-Troopers do...

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Apologises for the dark photos, it's dark and drizzling over where I am this morning. Got the second base nearly done for the Carnifex, just need to wait on the green stuff so I can trim a bit and tidy up. Hive Fleet Wadjet is slowing getting there, the name Wadjet was decided because the colour scheme will be based off my small Wadjet statue.
    IMG_20181223_101624302.jpg IMG_20181223_101650952.jpg IMG_20181223_101719436.jpg

6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Been doing some digging through the kits and I still have plenty to keep me busy, then I found my Stardrake, now what to do with said Stardrake.
    Makes me glad also that I decided to keep the Arachnarok Spider, with the thought of adding spiders with the Troggoths.
    Still need to finish decorating the bases for the 6 Fellwater Troggoths, just need to find the resin candles.

Warden and LizardWizard like this.
  7. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Still no painting yet, can't get the motivation for it at the moment so it's just been slow build, build and build. How I'm always messing around with Lizardmen ideas, coming up with my fluff/armies for the faction. Well messing around with another right now. Built a Saurus musician, still needs a few more parts.
    IMG_20190204_201156103.jpg

Cursed Lizardmen locked away beneath the barren city, in an eternal slumber. It is unknown how they came to be, it was rumoured that one of the great leaders lead them away deep underground after they failed to protect the city in battle. For them to fall into a slumber is a mystery, although it apparently held a purpose.
    The only time they have ever awakened was when their tomb was opened up.

Plans for the colours are mostly pale colours, blue, turquoise, maybe beige. They have been sitting around for a long time in the dark.
    The tomb opening part I might write out for the fluff thread, means a better look at the leader who made the idea of dragging those down below.

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ah, that's a cool idea!

9. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Many thanks!

LizardWizard and Warden like this.
  10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Chipping away at some build ideas for this type of army, so far there is the Saurus musician. Currently building an Oldblood on foot, using the spare head of the mount from the Akhelian King.
    Want to sort out an idea for the Skink leader, want to give him a mount. Thinking of a Ripper or something else, my brain does joke on making some contruct/monster due to the amount of spares you can get from the kits. So many spares.

Update: Could be hard though, mostly consists of Saurus spares in my box. Could end up with fancy Ripper unless I spend time looking at the other kits online for a while.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Still no real progress to the hobby yet, busy building the Troggoths at the moment.
    Thinking on this years Armies on Parade, got to try and think of something. How last years was great Tyranid structures that one person did.
    There was the small thoughts on making the level that my Troggoths will be based on. Not sure how I got the idea of theming the Troggoths after the Sly Cooper level: Vicious Voodoo. There is no trolls, unless you count those weird monsters. It's just mostly taking the environment design and some of the colours.
    The_Swamp's_Dark_Center.png

LizardWizard and Cageyblood like this.
  12. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

World of Warcraft has left me with a deep love of voodoo themed trolls, so I strongly support this choice.

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

World of Warcraft isn't one I have played yet, might go look up these trolls.

With this game I am theming the trolls, I loved the level back when I was a kid, still enjoy it now. Mostly the change of atmosphere while still keeping it that it fits with the rest of the game.
    Now it's the decision whether to see about putting candles on top of the Rockgut Troggoth's heads. Similar to how the guards in the games have candles on top of theirs, I always saw them as red hats but it turns out they are candles.

14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

As usual it's me sitting around and thinking, how wanting to start a 1000 points worth of Necrons, don't have the book yet so it's hard to tell what I exactly want, then the blessings of detachments help with going with some of the more fave stuff.
    Most of the fave stuff is mostly the Wraiths, the Lychguard, Praetorians, there is a few other bigger stuff like the Spyder, also like the many HQ choices.
    Being a fan of the animal skulls, might do some replacing the heads with them, will still have the piercing glowing eyes. Might glue in tiny beads to give better look but it may not look that great. Not sure might be too fiddly. Will also try some other things also.
    Seen many others use this, they use the Texture paints to create the cracked effects on miniatures rather than the bases. Might think of doing something similar on some parts.
    Thinking of a swamp theme, how I still have plenty of water texture paste left. Have some rust here and there, the cracked effect. Got those ideas but have to wait a while on getting started.

15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Got my plans for the Necron and Soulblight armies. It's just waiting on saving up and buying, selling off some miniatures to gain the funds and the space.
    From apparently in the book and hearing from others, Neferata is good. Problem is the Abyssals, I have two of these kits and they are fragile, would like to build Neferata to complete the set but those mounts make me scream inside a bit. Would mention the other two broke due to their weight and thin parts. Might ask my local store manager for any other choices. I have bad luck with the kit.
    Could say about the Blood Knights also, expensive kit but I love them, I look at them and I can imagine them thundering towards you.
    Necrons, well have the few kits picked out, need to find out what makes a good 1000 list with those models. Might end up being a list that's hard to get wins in but who knows.

16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

God damn that game!!!!!!

I spent far too long on that game .......

17. Aginor
    Slann

I enjoyed the game while it was still good.
    At some point I just stopped because it became too boring and flat.

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.
  18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Never played WoW, but I have played Warcraft III a lot, so I know what everyone’s talking about.

That game had a great campaign, but a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE single player AI.

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I was one of the first (if not the first) in the UK to have 250,000 pvp kills.

I finished playing at over 1/2 million kills and it should have been more they changed the arena/pvp system and a lot of arena/pvp data was not carried forward.

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

I was the opposite, I hardly played PvP at all.
    ...but I did all the quests there were with one of my characters (during WotLK or cataclysm. So quite a lot). And a LOT of dungeons and raids. Most of the time as a healer.
    Good times. Sadly they dumbed the game down so much it stopped being fun.

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.