1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Mythgital's Lizardmen and other races

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by little-myth, May 23, 2015.

?

How to build my Skinks

Poll closed May 10, 2018.
  1. Javelins and Star-bucklers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Boltspitters and Star-bucklers

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Moonstone Clubs and Star-bucklers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

The obsidian look comes really cool! Nice one!

little-myth likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

hmmm... if you want, say a brighter yellow ...
    paint a layer of white on first, then yellow.

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Just some mind thoughts and processing.
    Collecting ideas together for the Armies on Parade this year, mostly with my 2nd Lizardmen army. Some ruins, a little mini waterfall, got to sketch out the ideas and layout.
    Got a colour scheme for my Space Wolves, it is blue; I will put icy streaks on the gear. The basing I will have like a mix or snow, rocks or some will have volcanic like bases but a ice version. My boyfriend questions how is there an ice volcano, I just simply went. Magic. Cause you don't need a reason for an ice volcano.
    Still putting the Tyranids together very slowly, just debating whether I have enough metallic mix for their carapaces. Took ages to get the right mix.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Pics?

5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Haven't got sketches done yet, nor got some Space Wolves done yet due to having to buy the paints, which is till Thursday maybe when I go next. I'm slow but then I was busy. :( I should be sketching today a layout

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Here is one pic of a rough layout design.

20160117_190112.jpg

I mainly focused on making it look decorated and full of scenery while making sure I have the space to fit the miniatures on. Of course I may add some platforms to have more standing, I know well who I am up against cause in last year I heard that person swept the floor with everyone. That piece was stunning :eek:
    As with army fluff, I went with a underground temple theme, with some rubble here and there. Later I will focus on more detail design. what everything will look like, a 3/4 room view and research the appearance of ruin temples underground. I have the colour scheme for the stone as it is the same I used on the Priest's stand.
    The models names jotted down is me thinking where would I put the miniatures. It's not final, I might just end up putting them where I feel they would go.

HeirofCarnage and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Looks good so far :)

little-myth likes this.
  8. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Okay, been putting together the Magmadroth since last night. All I can say is some parts are fiddly, the tail and where you have to slot the neck in as part of the section has to slot into a gap... Fiddly and annoying... for me that is. Still recovering so I am a little sleepy still.

I thought those would like a rough comparison size. I will post better ones later once I got more of the model together.
    A Magmadroth with a Carnosaur
    20160124_093133.jpg 20160124_093157.jpg

Just a big mass of models, paint and a can of drink everywhere. The Magmadroth is shorter than the Carno but has roughly similar bulk. May need to do alterations when I put the Saurus saddle on.
    While looking this I may lift the Magma to see then, as the Carno does get a little lift from the rock he stands on but I still feel that he will be shorter.

Sudaj, n810, Bowser and 2 others like this.
  9. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Right, model has been pieced together. I've just got to make the saddle and get all the attached markings off. Trying to decide on saddle design as the Carno one will not fit snuggly. Or I could just have the Saurus riding bareback but I think a saddle would fit better or something. I wonder about that one choice for the Magmadroth where the saddle is a platform. Eh, magic. I wonder how the guy stays on.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I looked at getting one but it was a bit small as I wanted to use it as a Dread Saurian, so I went and bought the greenskin starter box :D

Might still get one for converting painting purposes ;)

11. t-dog
    Jungle Swarm

t-dog New Member

Thanks for posting this comparison pic, I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. I would really appreciate more pics ;)
    Happy to see that there is some one out there doing it!

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  12. little-myth
    Carnasaur

@t-dog Thanks, here is some more.

20160126_090556.jpg 20160126_090654.jpg
    20160126_090711.jpg

I altered the tongue so it is shorter, might end up doing the Saurus bareback riding, I worked out the reins could be the right length to attach. Just need to think of other bits, I did have ideas for the Saurus but it's still in the debating stage and working out how it will work.

Crowsfoot, Sudaj and Bowser like this.
  13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Magamdroth almost done altering, should take pictures but it's really dark at the moment for good pictures.
    I ended up just having the Droth with greenstuff on the markings to blend into the army really, from long observation the scales will kinda need to be made from scratch.
    The Saurus will end up bareback riding with no support at all.

At the moment I am trying to think of colour scheme ideas, it's been a hard one.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Slowly working on undercoating before painting, I never use sprays but I may get around to doing it soon...er... later, maybe never. So everything with a brush.
    20160201_095717.jpg
    And in the distance there is a mass horde waiting to be painted... Maybe I should pack some away, at least the ones standing on the Skaven scenery are out the way.

Slann is near completion too, got to finish the details on the model and the base then boom. Model done.
    Been busy with college still.
    I've been coming up with ideas for a special character for the 2nd Lizardmen, I have got a temporary name of Chaq'Kai for the tribe (from the Lizardmen book with the words and meanings)
    Cause how Ataxa belongs to the swamp Lizards, I feel these guys need a special character, which will be a Skink.

HeirofCarnage, Sudaj, n810 and 4 others like this.
  15. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Nothing like a horde of unpainted models staring at you to keep you motivated.

Bowser, Bracnos and little-myth like this.
  16. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Oh I am definitely going to keep an eye on this thread, bought a Magmadroth aswell. Probably going to use it as a Steg with Engine of the Gods, however a Troglodon might be nice aswell.

Looking good!

Bracnos, little-myth and Bowser like this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Been busy and slowly painting the Magmadroth/ Carnosaur. I went to try and recreate this colour scheme
    chinese-cave-gecko-for-sale.jpg
    So far I'm doing the base of Stegadon Scale Green on the larger scales and the smaller in Russ Grey.

Feels like the Chaq'Kai are getting all the conversion stuff and the swamp Lizards are left in the corner, hey. They have Ataxa.
    Got two ideas but the annoyance of not having the models at the moment. One is not Seraphon related while the other is. Being I will have a full Carno model or Trog left over. I have plans for a conversion. I need more Skinks though. I think.

Crowsfoot, spawning of Bob and Bowser like this.
  18. little-myth
    Carnasaur

20160208_144123.jpg

Magmadroth in the works!
    Need to do some more highlights on his scales before moving on. I hope to finish this guy before the contest at the workshop, I'm getting the rider for my Birthday, not long now.
    Not sure whether to make the pattern on the body or leave it for the spine areas.
    February seems to be the month of contests and busy work, entering three different contests and college work/ days slow it down tremendously.

19. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Looking like this is going to be a great conversion. :D

little-myth likes this.
  20. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Thanks to those for the great feedback
    Been working on the rider, being that he is going to be riding bareback I am thinking of making him stand out that bit more on the model. Cause when I get all them painted he may blend in with the Droth a bit.

20160212_193320.jpg 20160212_193337.jpg 20160212_193351.jpg

Tried not to go too crazy with the spare parts, even though it's supposed to be a type of laser beam. I just wanted fire instead :p
    Added small heads and a skull. I used some Temple Guard spares on his jaw.
    Just need to greenstuff the gaps on the fire.
    (Temporally glued to the base for easy painting)
    Now the fire reminds of Tzeentch... Tried to make it look like he swings his arm into position, reason why fire is tilted (from Terradon Riders)