1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name your top 3 favorite TV shows of all time!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 24, 2015.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That very well could be the case. It was a solid show in any event and much better than many of the shows currently on TV (some of which are absolutely terrible.... :shifty:reality tv:shifty:)

2. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

the only show i liked on tv in recent memory was terranova also ended up cancelled after season one that was 4? years ago now

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I love that show!! I just want to know exactly what was going down in the badlands. Time travel of some sorts.... but how? why? by whom?

4. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

from what i remember they went back in time to colonize the past and use its resources to save the future or something along those lines

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That was the main plot line of the first season. The Terra Nova colony went back with the intention to restart humanity, while the group responsible for the Sixers wanted to strip mine the place and bring back the ore to the future for profit. At the end of the season when the time fracture is closed, they hint at something in the badlands...
    • all the hired soldiers head to the badlands as soon as the time fracture is closed
    • an artifact retrieved from the badlands is revealed to be the prow of a wooden ship
    This would indicate a second time fracture operating through a different mechanism, but which is left as a mystery. We are left unknowing and perfectly set up for a season 2 that will never be.

6. bora-boka424
    Saurus

bora-boka424 Active Member

1. Farscape
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. Walking dead/breaking bad

That's my top. I'm working my way through ripper street, good at the moment, but wouldn't make top 3.

n810 likes this.
  7. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

f***(insert tv station that cancelled show here)

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

From what I have read, the costs of producing each episode of Terra Nova was extremely high. Apparently the viewership wasn't high enough to sustain it. :(

On the flip side, junk like reality tv are cheap and easy to produce while drawing in huge viewership. So sad.

9. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

if only we had a different monetary system that people couldnt get addicted to like crack

10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I started re-watching Farscape last week, I have to say the show holds up very well.

11. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

1. Friends
    2. Game of Thrones.
    3. Naked and Afraid

12. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

ive heard many good things about that show any favorite episodes or moments

13. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Hmm, three shows, huh? That's pretty rough, but first ones to come to mind are:

1. Firefly
    2. Modern Family
    3. Breaking Bad

I often wonder what would have happened to Firefly if it had been allowed to continue for 5 seasons, for example. It probably wouldn't be quite as classic, but on the other hand, Whedon's other shows, Buffy and Angel, held their heads up quite well for 7 and 5 seasons, respectively.

With Modern Family, they were already on their fourth season before I took an interest in it. I checked out some episodes quite early, but it had some painful similarities with Arrested Development, a show that I simply abhor. Then I just happened to see a newer episode and thought it was brilliant. Started watching the show and finished all the episodes to that point about week later.

Breaking Bad... Well, truly magnificent show, but probably wouldn't want to watch it again.

spawning of Bob likes this.
  14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a good question! I guess we'll never know. But what we do know is that a whole bunch of people are listing Firefly in their top 3 favourite shows. Pretty impressive for a show that was cancelled after only 1 season.

15. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

The German people here will know this guy.. I'm interested if others know him as well... The godfather (ok one of three... With the two guys from the program with the mouse) educational children tv and due to daughter watching his show AGAIN on of my favorite tv shows!
    Peter Lustig(1).jpg Von Pusteblume zu Löwenzahn _ Wurzi Wunderlich.jpg

16. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

At the moment I enjoy watching the cw series of the Flash and Arrow, but they are still so new that I reckon their not really to judge quite yet.
    Game of Throne is a wonderful book series and as far as I have seen also a really good serie. Watched the first season, then I read all the books; since then it has only been sporadically I have watched the serie.

My favourites would still be cartoons, though:

1. Spider-Man the animated series.
    Best marvel series Ever!
    Speaking of which:
    2. The Simpsons.
    it's getting old, but I really like more season than other does, and they have always made me laugh, ever since I started watching the Serie.
    3. Batman the animated series.
    Great serie as well, and the introduction to the entire animated DC universe!

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That was a good one!

18. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Am I wrong or were there two differed series of Spiderman? One with iceman and a firegirl and one with spidy alone... Excuse my lack of knowledge but I used to watch it before my teenage years so it's about 20 years ago. ;) but I liked it.

What about saber rider? Also a great cartoon!

I also like Spartacus and bones. But actually I have little time to watch tv... :'(

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think you are right, there have been at least two, if not more.

That was a good program as well.

20. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

There has been multiple Spider-Man cartoons. The animated I referee to was from 1994, I believe. Aerosmith made the intro, if that says anything to you guys.
    There was one from late 1960, where that iconic spidey song is from ;) then 1970 Spider-Man and friends, I reckon that's the one you're referring to.
    Then there were a shield shaded from Early 2000's, which was short lived and bad.
    Spectacular Spider-Man, from mid 2000's, which was very good, but not as long lived, sadly. (IP ownership felled back to Disney, and it was a Sony produced show)
    And now we have the ultimate Spider-Man, which is a bit too weird for my taste, but not all bad.

I might have forgotten one, but I believe these were all of them ;)