1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help for anti khorne/ archaon build

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Accurate_Noib, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

So me and my Friend have dicided to start playing some 1500 pt battles. He recently got archaon and i want to make a build to kounter him. I want a defencive build which relies on chaff and spells to keep the battlefield under control. But I need some suggestions if for improving my current build. P.S. Alex i Know your reading it and thats not cool.

1500 pt build

Heroes

1x Slann starmaster

1x Saurus astrolith bearer

1x saurus oldblood

Infantry

20x saurus warriors (clubs)

10x saurus warriors (clubs

10x skinks (blowdart and shield)

5x chameleon skinks

Monsters:

1x bastilladon (solar engine)

1x Troglodon

endless spells:

Prismatic Palisade

Prismatic Palisade

Soulsnare Shackles

2. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

I might remove points for a battalion or summoning points

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I dont know Archaon good enough to build a counter list, so just one small thing I noticed:
    No need to have two palisades, you can only play one anyway.

4. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

oh that was a typo thx

5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Seraphon has one hard counter against single hero-centered armies - Shadowstrike starhost with 6 ripperdactyl riders. Razordons and chameleon skinks can support them with some shooting, if screen around this characters is not very tight. 20-model block of saurus won't do much, you need 40 at least. And old blood is not a good character, unless you go heavy saurus. Skinks are way better as chaff - they are cheap, fast and easy to summon. Troglodon won't do much but he is ok as distraction for his points.

6. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

ok i will see if i can change this in my army. the only problem is he is playing khorne with his new laughterpriest abilities. this means he has a 2 up rerollable save. ontop of that he has tons if powerful units wich i have to fend off aswell

7. Lizard God of Lizard Gods
    Skink

Lizard God of Lizard Gods New Member

not sure how the he is getting the 2 up rerollable save because the slaughterpriest only gives a D6 mortal wound or and free run but if your using chameleon skinks (In the Shadowstrike) just snipe the people that are giving the buffs then see how things go (may the dice gods be in your favour)

but yea so options are

option 1: Shadowstrike

option 2: (this is going into how much of a horrible human being do you want to be and how much you value this guy as a "FRIEND")

also how many slann, razordons, bastiladons, and ripperdatyls do you have astrolith bearer skinks for cheap battleline and if you got a Engine of the Gods that would be nice (and if you got a model or just THING in general to prox a Dread Saurian... >.>)

(i just need details because summoning is really easy now for seraphon)

again do you value this guy as a FRIEND.... :p

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  8. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

whats option two

(Im ready to krump his Bum)

9. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

whats option two

10. Lizard God of Lizard Gods
    Skink

so...

then you get a two slann and astrolith bearer in a corner then cast balewind and cogs to give one more spell to the slann's then you cast your palisade to block line of sight and the ability to even touch your summoning machines xD

then your other units will be easy two 10 skinks for battleline

and you want a Engine of the Gods so you can summon one ripper unit a turn and keep it next to the slanns for the extra D6 when doing the chart thing

then for the point left over you want as many ripper units as possible to have your Blot Toad rule to actual be a problem for him (litter the feild with TOADS 0_0) if you got extra point razordons because they are really good and mowing down units

you see where this is going...

your slanns are generating and extra stuff for things being alive 27 summoning points a turn.... you are getting a bastiladon FOR FREE EVERY TURN and then the extra ripper unit from engine of the gods if you save you can summon a Dread Saurian turn 2 (only 40 summoning points) and don't be hesitate to summon a bunch a razordons to melt a unit or two and take the ability on your slann to teleport 2 units a turn instead of one for extra mobility

but yea this is a play style that i have thought up a while ago but lacked the funds to really get it off (just need a 3rd bastiladon and more razordons and rippers)

what do you think :)

11. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

12. Lizard God of Lizard Gods
    Skink

but yea ways of dealing with archaon because my friend also plays him is to just ignore him, slow him down with bastiladons and hope to god you does reality axe your big boi or...

you can just run a good block of the Eternal Starhost of like 2 squad of 5 and one squad of 20 saurus guard and put them in front of him

because archaon only has -1 weapons and you ignore that... you are also a 2+ save (re rolling 1s if you have a skink priest nearby to buff them )

and you do guys get 1 extra attack with there polearms and deal D3 damage if you stayed still

this can be countered with mortal wound spam and the guy runs slaughterpriest just so you know

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  13. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

14. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

What?

Two Slanns doesn't make summoning any better. Only the general can spend spell slots for summoning.

Nart likes this.
  15. Lizard God of Lizard Gods
    Skink

Wow yep my bad that not a thing :(

still i would recommend Lord Kroak with a Balewind and cogs to give him 2 more spell slots and replace the other slann with Engine of the Gods

16. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

17. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Actually, Lord Kroak is not that good as summoning battery for a couple of reasons.

First, he only gives you 3 CP a turn than slann, but costs almost 200 points more. For this points you can basically take everything you wanted to summon simply in your list.

Second, you lose your command trait, constellation bonus and command ability. I notice sometimes, that slann treated just like a summon battery, but he still has a field-wide bonus, double teleport and awesome command ability which grant you both mobility and defence bonus.

Kroak is a strong mortal wound source. If only he wasn't nerfed to the ground short after new edition...