1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help with picking a list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Moulinglacia, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Hi im a pretty new player started bulding in late february and started playing mid march

From my games so far i have lost 6 of 8 games so i was thinking of tweaking my list to see if that can help me to get a fighting chance.

The two lists im considering right now ar as follows

1500 fangs of sotek

Leaders
    Generall
    Slann starseer(260p)
    Trait: great remeberer
    Artifact: miasmatic blade

Saurus oldblood on carnosaur(260p)
    Artifact: sword of judgement

Saurus sunblood(120p)
    Artifact: betrayers crown

Battleline
    20x saurus warriors - spears(200p)
    20x saurus warriors - clubs(200p)

Battalion
    Fang of sotek (70p)
    Sunclaw starhost(130p)

Endless spells
    Balewind vortex(40p)
    Soulsnare shakles(20p)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1500 summon focus
    Generall
    Slann starseer(260p)
    Trait: great remeberer
    Artifact: miasmatic blade

Saurus sunblood(120p)
    Artifact: betrayers crown

Skink starpriest(80p)
    Saurus astrolith bearer(160)

Battleline
    20x saurus warriors - spears(200p)

Battalion
    Sunclaw starhost(130p)

Endless spells
    Balewind vortex
    Chromatic cogs
    Aethervoid pendulum
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I might change my astrolith and skink starpriest to an engine of the gods not sure yet

Also some background for why im running shackles and pendulum in my lists
    The people i play with have figured out that i need my slann so they try to kill him as fast as possible with their lords. So i use endless spells to deal mortal wounds to their heroes.

Any tips or help in chosing my list or tweaks i can make would be really helpful.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

The thing about the Saurus Warriors is: they aren't exactly great except in units of 40.
    So what I would recommend if you have 60 Saurus:
    Play 40+10+10, using the units of 10 as objective claimers and chaff, and buff up the large unit to actually kill stuff.
    Starpriest and Sunblood are good buffs for them. Same goes for a Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (I would prefer him over an Oldblood in that case unless you really need the Oldblood as a hero hunter).

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

i think i will try your idea of 40+10+10 warriors. usually i play against a sylvaneth player with drycha and durthu. So when i have blocks of 20 warriors he just wrecks them. i have not tried the oldblood yet so im going to see if he works as a hero killer today. So i think im going with the fang list for todays games.

i will post an update how the games went in this thread when i get home.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Good luck!
    Don't be sad if you don't win the first few times.
    Saurus lists aren't exactly our strongest ones and Sylvaneth are really tough.

LizardWizard and Moulinglacia like this.
  5. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

If you try the Oldblood on Carno, Sword of Judgement + Ancient Warlord are a great combo for Hero/Monster killing. Edit: I see you have that in your first list! ;)

The other benefit of using a block of 40 Warriors is getting back 40 MPP.

LizardWizard and Moulinglacia like this.
  6. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

My opponent got first turn and he killed my saurus sunblood 24x warriors and did 6 damage to my carnosaur

I got tabled turn 3 and i wasnt able to kill a single model

All i managed to do was do 11 damage to durthu and 8 to drycha

I didnt expect that i would win but i atleast thought i was going to get to play :(

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

How far forward did you deploy? Were you close to his woods?

Moulinglacia likes this.
  8. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

About 20 inches problem was that he used a spell to move his woods closer to me

9. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah, that's what I feared would happen. Sylvaneth have some nasty tricks up their sleeves, they are very mobile, tough, and Durthu and Drycha is a hard hitting combo.

I am not sure what to tell you. Fighting them will always be an uphill battle, especially with Saurus lists.

It is a bit like playing Ironjawz against Seraphon. You might occasionally be lucky and win, but most of the time you will be battered.

However I think that you have a chance if your opponent fails to reach you in turn one. You should be able to slow down Durthu and Drycha, either with chaff or with shooting, and if you manage to get one of our big dinosaurs into battle you can reduce their damage immensely.

Moulinglacia likes this.
  10. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

it was a mix of mistakes bad luck on my side and good luck on his

my first mistake was not taking into acount that he could move his woods. after that he had really good luck with with his ranged attacks first turn rolling almost exclusivly 5-6 on a majority his dice killing my sunblood and doing 6 damage to my carno. during combat durthu killed 24 warriors and i rolled badly and only did 4 damage back.
    When it got to my turn first he dispelled all of my spells exept balewind vortex. my warriors where in combat with durthu and my carno was 3 inches from drycha. i shoot at drycha and charged to see if i could kill her unfortunatly i only did 8 damage to her wich led to the rest of my warriors dying against durthu and my carno being killed by drycha

in hindsight i probably should have teleported my carno away to try to take care of his kurnoth hunters instead and focused on getting a little more damage with my warriors against durthu before they died.

after that turn there was basicly no chance for me to get back in the game. i tried getting summoning points before he could kill my slann. but he managed to keep first turn so i lost my slann before i could summon anything good

Aginor likes this.