1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New atmosphere in your GW shops?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Realjuan, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Realjuan
    Cold One

Realjuan Well-Known Member

I notice that recently there has been changes in GW decisions, prices, and now I notice that there are more "interactive/friendly" manager at the little shop in my city. The old manager (which was an ***) left and now there are a handful of new managers, so I decided to stop by shop after year or so of not going there. Before there was not real lighting to paint, you were asked from minute 0 if you were going to buy something, or else it felt like you were taking valuable space and you should leave. The bad atmosphere, store manager, the lack of being able to pay with credit card, prices, and what in my opinion was a bad turn with fantasy made my decision of not coming back easy.

Now, the changes that I have notice are the facebook page is no longer just "We got this new model come and buy it" and even if they do promote something at least it is done in a more creative way. When I was there the shop was full (10 people), had music, and the lights had been change to improve the painting stations (4). I will go again this week, and maybe bring my girlfriend to see how they would treat a new customer and try Silver Tower. I still will keep away from AoS because I do not like the models at all, but I may frequent the shop a little more often if there is space and atmosphere to paint.

Who knows maybe GW will be taken out of my blacklist. Have you notice changes like this in your shop? Or hows your experience with your local store?

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  2. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Seams like you had some pretty bad luck :( The shops I've been to have always been friendly and have never really pushed buying things on me.

Bowser likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I haven't stepped into my local GW since AoS dropped. Previously the manager was really great though, so I would say that you were unlucky in your experiences @Realjuan

I have since found a friendly neighborhood gaming store that is way better. They have a better selection of products and better prices. They are a bit of a ways away, but aside from that they are far superior.

4. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Same with me, my store managers have always been really nice.