1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New book what would you like

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by forlustria, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

maybe a slann devoted to sotek and has tons of skink buffs and snake spells (poison aswell)

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

A stormcast on a dracoth on a carnosaur on a stegadon on a bastiladon on a skink, just to show who's the important one here.

Seraphandy likes this.
  3. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

Sounds sensible to me. Where can I buy it....
    Although I pity the skink:)

4. inakue
    Saurus

inakue Well-Known Member

I would love to see the good old poison attacks we used to have :p love skinkss!

LizardWizard and Accurate_Noib like this.
  5. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

Torxhol Drakescale Active Member

Kind of want to see a name change for the cold ones? All of our other lizards have dinosaur sounding names, like SAURUS, CarnoSAUR, BastilaDON, RipperDACTYL, and the you have.... Cold One? It just doesn't fit the theme.

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Raptosaurs?

Just A Skink and Seraphandy like this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I kinda like Cold One.

...because I always make the joke "Whenever I have a couple of Cold Ones I also have a shot". I use it as an excuse for drinking whiskey when playing the Firelance Starhost. :D

8. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

We need an excuse to do that? o_O

I've been calling them Keldwyn for the rough rider conversions I did for one of my 40K armies, but that doesn't really fit the Seraphon. Could just call them Velocidons or something...

9. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

There's nothing dinosaur sounding about dactyl!

10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Pteradactyl.....

11. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

12. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Nonetheless it still remains associated with dinosaurs in the view of the general public, despite that fact. To pertain to dinosaurs is not a prerequisite for something to sound like and be associated with dinosaurs. In the context of the debate, that’s entirely down to public perception. ;)

13. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

lol fair enough, that is true, though they are commonly thrown in with them. if you say Dactyl in front of anyone outside the medical field they are going to think "flying dinosaur"

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

And I name thee "Sheldon Cooper" :p

15. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

And why we are on dinosaur names, What's up with Stegadon "Roof-tooth" and Troglodon - "Cave-tooth"? Carnosaur "Meat-lizard" at least makes sense, to a degree, lol.

zubrin likes this.
  16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

How about some unridden Dinos (whatever their pseudo Latin taxonomy turns out to be) that we could unleash on enemies?

Something better than squigs
    Something else not as big as a hydra
    But Dinos to launch at the enemy

17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Those'd be briljant, especially as we can make em smaller than behemoths. Giving us some decently big and impressive models that we can actually field in some significant quantities.

18. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

I would love a unit of cold ones akin to squig herds

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

It sounds more dinosaur related than COLD ONE. Besides, Pterodactyls may not have been dinosaurs specifically, but they're big-ass flying lizards. Close enough I think.

20. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

I would like to see all Saururs get better.

Warriors changed to +4 save, reduce rend by 1, unit size 10-20, +1 to hit at 10,both maces and spears have base 2 attacks, maces get -1 rend, spears get 3" range, bites -1 rend and 5+ to hit 3+ to wound.

Knights changed to +4 save and 3 wounds, Reduce rend by 1, spears 3" range and mortals on unmodified 6 to hit, clubs -1 rend, mounts get -1 rend on bite, no rend for riders bites or maybe do it for consistency.

Guards changed to 3+ save reduce rend by 2, 5+ fnp for mortal wounds, 2 wounds a model, battalion would have to be changed no more additional dmg or save but maybe a way to get models back into the unit at the start of your hero phase, battalion also requires slann.

Skinks I really don't think they should be battleline unless you have a skink general maybe slann too if they go a certain spawning allegiance.

Unmounted Troglodon, carnasours and fliers.

All carnasours and Troglodon get more rend, bites is -2 maybe -3 for oldblood carno/ named carnasour, claws -1 rend maybe even -2( giant dinos who are evolved to fight other big monsters, they should be able to cut through stuff!) Change save to 4+ reduce rend by 2 for carnasours, Troglodon 4+ save, oldbloods Greatblade -2 rend 2 dmg

Oldbloods Greatblade -2 rend and 2dmg, command ability is reroll 1s to wound for units within 6" or 12", 4+ save reduce rend by 2

Sunblood, 3+ save ignore rend, 5+ fnp for mortals

Eternity warden, 3+ save, 5+ fnp, maybe bring d3 or d6 temple guard back.

Skink hero on ripper or terradon, +1 to hit for skink fliers within 12", ripper version has buff for rippers or maybe bring back d3 rippers or once per battle add a unit of rippers, terradon version reload the rocks for nearby skink fliers or add +1 to the roll to see if they do mortals for nearby skink fliers. Or instead the skink hero could allow one skink unit of any type within 24" to reroll hits/wounds until your next hero phase.

Skink priest on a flier, no bloat toad or rocks to drop. Can cast 2 spells, knows 2 spells from a skink lore. Some snake themed dmg spells and some buff/debuff spells. Utility stuff.

Slann with their own lore, they know the skink lore too if they take Sotek allegiance, they know all the spells in the lore they are in and can cast 3 spells. Lots of awesome spells.

Saururs get an allegiance if Saururs general, warlord trait that lets all other Saururs heroes around your Saururs general to use their command ability once each time in your hero phase for free, different spawning pools that give different buffs to all Saururs models, maybe +1 save or a 6+FnP, 1 extra bite attack, +1 move or charge.

Skinks get allengince if skink general, similar to Saururs but more utility focused.

Slann general can make their army either Saururs or skink allegiance, battalions that are Saururs/skink based with a slann slapped on, Slann is the warlord but 1 Saururs/skink also gets a warlord trait and can act as the "warlord" except for victory points he is like another hero.

Plastic razordons/salamanders, plastic slann and plastic Saururs heroes.

They ditch the spaceship theme and our slann make their own Lustria realm and start creating/using spawning pools. No more summoning by the Slann not casting spells. Maybe have a couple once per battle spells/abilites to bring units back or add new ones.

That giant spectral dino endless spell idea sounded cool, a Sotek snake themed one and some third one.

For terrian spawning pools would fit but that feels a lot like what other armies have. So maybe a Sotek pillar that shoots out snakes and buffs our troops around it, or .....Lord kroak, he sits on his disc just raining down comets and bringing units back. Honestly I don't know but that would be the memes.

LizardWizard likes this.