1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New in seraphon/ how build Battleforce

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Michał, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Michał
    Jungle Swarm

Michał New Member

Hi all! I am new player od that cute little dinos. I just get a battleforce. How i should build models? I mean about some competitive plays. What big beast do ? I find that fly dinos are better terradons, is it true? How i should arm my Skinks? I am new in Aos and i choose to start with Serpahons so i am completly confused.

Thanks all for help :)

2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Build trogglodon as Saurus Old Blood on Carnosaur, all fliers as ripperdactyl riders and give skinks boltspitters. Bastiladon should have solar engine on back. If you want go competitive, these are things you cannot go wrong with.

LizardWizard and Michał like this.
  3. Michał
    Jungle Swarm

Michał New Member

Thanks a lot for fast answer :) can you write why that way?it will be easier for me to find out way to play it

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustira Online and to Seraphon!

There a number of guides that can show you how to build the Bastilladon in such a manner than it can be switched between the Ark of Sotek and Solar Engine.

@Nart gave you correct advice about what is currently the most competitive build options.

Best of luck. Enjoy your journey though the hobby.

Michał likes this.
  5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Okay, Oldblood on Carno is probably best Carnosaur variant right now because of his command ability, which gives any hero in 20" bonus 2 attacks on any weapon, including mount's ones. Since it is possible to stack same command abilities several times, Oldblood has highest damage potential out of 3 variants. He is very useful at missions, where only wizards and heroes with artifacts can score, since Seraphon wizards very squishy.

Ripperdactyls better than Terradons because they are more melee focused, while terradons have mediocre shooting and melee. With blot toad nearby, their number of attacks is really high. They also reroll all hit and wound rolls in seraphon combat phase. They are very popular as part of shadowstrike starhost, which allows them to drop turn 1 near enemy lines and instantly charge.

Skinks are not great fighters, so it is not really matter what weapons you give them. But boltspitters have higher range, and sometimes you want to kill that one model left on objective and some lucky rolls may do it. Starbucklers are better than clubs, because there are more difference between 6+ saves and simply removing models than may seem.

Solar Engine is nice artillery. It can be random and not too accurate, but long range, -1 rend and damage 2 are very good. Arc of Sotec is situative mortal wound weapon. It forces you to place bastiladon very close to several enemy units to be effective. Solar engine will really shine when you will have Saurus Astrolith Bearer, which gives it reroll to-hit.

LizardWizard, Michał and Vroomer like this.
  6. Michał
    Jungle Swarm

Michał New Member

Thank You a lot for long answer. O hear some info that will be some change in Seraphons in March. Is it true? Will be good idea to just Make that what no determinate models ( Like Bastiladon without up designe, Skinks without hands and Carnosrus without Rider, Troglodon from water by rest of bits, and Flyers without riders) And finish them after new battletome in March?Or you think that change will not be so huge so i can make it how you write ?

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

These are still rumors, and many claim that these rumors are false. But GW confirmed, that all older factions will have their battletomes renewed sooner or latter. This can happen in March, late this year or even next year. So it is up to you, if you are ready to wait. Personaly, I wouldn't. With General Handbooks and FAQs meta may shift any moment. I doubt, new battletome will render any unit unplayable and you'll want to have all units with time anyway.

Making bastiladon buildable in both variants is probably worth it, as well as magnetising Carnosaur rider's arms.

8. Michał
    Jungle Swarm

Michał New Member

Super. I will do that, i want buy SC next ao i can do oldblood on carno and build after get SC other carno rider. Thanks a lot ! Thank to you i get decide what to do. And i find how do swim Troglodon so it wiol be awesome to get it from bits.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Here you are (post n. 7. For the life of me, i cannot manage to link to the direct post… :banghead:)