1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New player, start collecting box

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Bushmonkey, May 6, 2017.

1. Bushmonkey
    Jungle Swarm

Bushmonkey New Member

hi guys, new to AOS and picked up a start collecting box for seraphon.

i have a few questions if i could pick your brains

1. can i mix weapons in the saurus warrior squad? if not then generaly which weapon is better.

2. Which variation should i build the Carnosaur. the one on the box? i dont really know which to build. havent had any games yet so dont know what style i like to play. but id say aggressive.

any other advice is most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Soxii and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Some people will magnetize the arms so you can have both soears or clubs. There is no clear cut better choice, but I usually take clubs as I take them in smaller units. In bigger ubits the range of the spear is nice to have.

I say build the carno, use the Oracle from the trog as a skink starpriest, then take one of your knights and convert it into a scar-vet on cold one. Use theone of the extra heads from the carno kit, and generally make it stand out more.

Bushmonkey likes this.
  3. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

1. No, you can't mix weapons in a unit. The Description states: "Some units of Saurus Warriors wield..." which forces the entire unit to be equipped the same.

Bushmonkey and Bowser like this.
  4. Bushmonkey
    Jungle Swarm

Bushmonkey New Member

thanks for the reply guys

Saved me some money, I was going to head out and buy a star preist. So next would it be best to increase my army size with more troop units or bulk it up with more elite units?

Bowser likes this.
  5. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

Look at some top Seraphon tournament lists or make some of your own. Then see what you are missing and need/want to play with and/or paint.

Some skinks or a Bastiladon could be a nice addition.

Bushmonkey and Bowser like this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Skinks(can easily convert some to chameleons), bastiladons, rippers/terradons, starseer, and a second start collecting would be my initial suggestions. If you want to stay pure Seraphon, then Razors/salamanders, stegadons, guard, slann, engine, Kroak, balewind Vortex, Maybe a third SC.

If you want to branch out to an order army, Celestial Hurricanum. Gryph-Hound. Kurnoth hunters. Then whatever else appeals to you really.

Bushmonkey likes this.
  7. Bushmonkey
    Jungle Swarm

Bushmonkey New Member

Just to check, can i have an alpha knight and a scar vet in the same unit??and is the drummer worth having?

Also spears or clubs. Going for my 1st game soon

Bowser likes this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The heroes are always their own unit and don't join other units. Always take the full command (Alpha, Musician, Banner) where applicable. For the knights, lances every time. For the warriors I say clubs if you are using units of 10, and spears if you are using larger units.

Bushmonkey and Mark Sinosich like this.