1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

But I really disliked BB skinks. Their heads and eyes are too big, they look ugly and don't seem smart at all unlike Saurus.

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Agreed. They are horrible.

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well a lot of models where lost at least it's not high elves.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  4. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

In blood bowl I think they are fine because it is a more goofy setting, but I agree that they aren't really the kind of thing you would want in an AOS army. I like the Chameleon skinks though:p

5. Dracorex
    Cold One

I looked up the old kroxigor BB model and it actually does have a tail. It’s just hidden behind it’s back.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah, but only outriders. The various knights have dissaepeared. The only significant forces with horses that are left are the outriders & slaves of darkness with their chaos knights & maurader horsemen which is one of the few faction that hasn't had a proper AoS version yet. I wouldn't be surprised if those'd dissappear as well in their eventual overhaul and be replaced with something more daemonic.

GW just seems to have a weird dislike of horses for some reason.

7. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

I think the problem is they have to update all of the models and not just the Saurus. If they introduce new Saurus they have to update the Cold One knights and Temple Guard as well. Also it might be to do with the scale/proportions, so they would have to update the Skink's to match them.

They they would have to update everything!

I think its the same as the Sisters of Battle, where after 20 years they just update the whole range at the same time.

And realitically, the Seraphon models are to small for AoS. The Bastiladon is tiny. The Carnosaur and Steggadon are suppose to be huge. So they will probably axe a lot of the range and introduce some new giant models.

That's why I think they are taking so long to update them. They are probably trying to work out how pissed off people will be when they axe 70% of Seaphon.

Dr.Doom and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  8. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

I agree we need to reestablish what it is that make Seraphon. Played a local tournament yesterday and every time I play Seraphon I feel like I'm playing Skaven but with scales. I at least feel like Seraphon has an identity crisis in terms of look/lore and actually power in units.
    Teleporting, skinks retreating for free, summoning(let's be honest we mostly brining skinks in right?). Alone these 3 abilities win games so if Saururs are ever going to get more teeth these abilities need to be changed or nerfed.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  9. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Exactly these models are for a fantasy football game full of puns? I want someone to with a straight face say the name of the team and then explain to me how these don't look the part. They have this really strong humours look going through the skinks which is going to suck if you're desperately waiting for a bunch of killer shadespire minis but are really strong for the game they are made for. I don't want to own them but I take umbrage with the people really shitting on them.

10. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

I dont understand what people are refering to regarding look/lore identity crisis?

Lizards/dinosaurs (with a real world Aztec inject) that can be created by Slann by 'thought'. If left summoned, remain real. So......can be ethereal or solid, dependent on background. Fits WFB and AOS.

As highlighted above, BB doesn't count, it's a parody of itself lol.

So........can someone please explain what I am missing?

Dr.Doom likes this.
  11. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's exactly why I don't mind them. They are goofy miniatures for a goofy game. :)

Dr.Doom and Seraphandy like this.
  12. Womboski
    Temple Guard

It probably stems from Warhammer fantasy. Back then Saururs were on similar power lvl as chaos warriors and chaos warriors were elite infantry.

Now Saururs warriors are basically clan rats. They have 1 wound and a 5+ save.

The biggest thing for me is our winning move is literally filling the board with bodies and running away and around the board to capture objectives.
    What kinda army does that sound like to you? To me it sounds like something skaven or goblins would do. Not cold bloodied killing machines.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That whole Slann summoning Saurus/Skinks/Dinos through dreams and thoughts is an AoS creation. Don't be mixing that in with my beloved WFB. :rage:

14. Dracorex
    Cold One

What I don't like about the whole "summoned from memory" thing(from a lore standpoint) is that there doesn't seem to be any sense of loss when you well...lose a battle. As long as the Slann gets away(which could easily be done by teleporting) Anyone who was lost could just be brought back. In Fantasy, they came from spawning pools, and when they died, that was it for them. The death of an Oldblood who has fought daemons and gained knowledge and experience over centuries would be much less impactful if it could just come back to life.

When everything you have is on a spaceship, there isn't a lot of territory to fight for, and the stakes wouldn't be very high when there is. There was a finite amount of spawning pools in the old world, which meant that each one had to be defended at all costs. This, combined with what @Womboski said, make them feel a lot like tyranids.
    They also don't establish any clear limits to the Slann's power. They make an entire army appear instantly on the battlefield, but after that it suddenly becomes much harder to do. And these guys are supposed to be the most powerful wizards in the world! What happened to them casually waving their hand and destroying an entire city while HALF ASLEEP!?

"hmm... The continents seem a little off. No biggie, i'll just MOVE THEM BACK INTO PLACE WITH MY MIND." -Mazdamundi :p

There are also some things that I like about it though and I think the lore videos for Seraphon by 2+Tough explain it perfectly. Even if it doesn't make individual warrior's deaths as impactful, it still conveys the sadness of what happened to the old world.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyIEtHBf1vpIF7VzuF243ftvTdonrNcWt

Edit: separated it into paragraphs to make it easier to read

15. Seraphandy
    Razordon

They aren't the same?

16. Seraphandy
    Razordon

But......I think that the majority of this can be mitigated with how you approach it. I hate the AOS summoning thing too; however, there was always mystery with lizardmen/slann as to their background in WFB. So, who is to say that in 'the world that was', they were summoned then remained, thus using spawning pools. We just didn't have all the facts. I chose to believe my Seraphon are physical beings but this does not remove the possibility that they, or their ancestors, were summoned. Point being, they have left both options open. Playing devils advocate, the vagueness allows interpretation rather than setting boundaries. Less is more?

I dont warfare, just collect, paint and enjoy the background so couldn't comment on any gaming implications.

Dr.Doom and Aginor like this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Funny-Star-Trek-Memes-06.jpg

18. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

How many sacrifices do you want?

guys, if your sick of seraphon’s crappy warscrolls check out the fan made battletome

19. Womboski
    Temple Guard

\('-')/ ohh great Old Ones take these sacrafisac and bless us with a new battletome

Lizerd and Dr.Doom like this.
  20. Dracorex
    Cold One

That’s a good point. I actually had a similar theory that the spawning pools were connected to whatever the Slann were using to summon. Like they were magically developed in the pools and came out when they were fully formed. In the white dwarf thing about whether Seraphon disappear after a battle, it was implied that they gain more of a physical form after a while. This could be seen as an explanation as to why Saurus are so weak in the game: they haven’t had time to fully materialize, making them more vulnerable. These are all ideas I came up with separately and sort of forgot about, but rewatching the 2+tough lore videos and reading your comment made me start to think about it more.