1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

we got the leaks for bone reapers and we are trying to figure out how to fight them

2. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

I think bringing rend like stegadon and carnosaur wouldnt be a bad idea. Bastilladon is a no brainer. skinks are cheap and can be boosted by the stegadon. razordrons and salamanders would be a possibility. spells would also be useful

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

that is the consencus the problem is that they can have masive blocks of 40 that heal like mad and have a 3+3+6+ save and rend 2

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  4. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

i would say ark of sotek would be useful and teleporting knights or rippers can be used but the lack of rend might be a problem. I think chameleon skinks can be useful especially due to their camo.

5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

the problem with sotek is the dispersed damage you need to chew threw 40 wounds in a turn or it won't mater and they heal as you kill them. rippers might work but even thay can't push out that much damage

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

it wont affect us but nagash can cast arcane bolt 8 times again so that might help.

Slikus Vaw, Dr.Doom, Womboski and 2 others like this.
  7. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

we need a rend/ mortal wound buff

we are not very bashy against anything with high armour

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

which is basically the truly effective thing we are forced to do since years, as razordons / sallies spam with rerolls is one of our stronger tool.
    THankfully, we have solid summoning and fabulous movement, but i believe we're growing tired of playing games were we are massacred by poor players, while we must play every time the perfect tactical match to compete.

9. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

Same here (the part about caring little for the Imperium. I don’t play 40k). Genestealer cults are probably my favorite. And Orks.

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

tnx @Dracorex , i missed that post by @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl

I can say "I'm a Iron Hands, AdMech, Necrons and Tau player, so i care little for humans" :p

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  11. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

12. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

And I object to that as a Salamanders and Imperial Guard player. :p

Any better than a block of wood with two-sided tape on it?

Dr.Doom, knave, Aginor and 5 others like this.
  13. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I don't think that bonereapers will break the meta. Because they are suprisingly finely balanced really strong army. But, unlike DoK, they cannot just bring all the tasty stuff in one place and steamroll over anything. Petrifex looks very strong on the first view, but it won't be necessary the best choice. Its CA is good, but both command trait and artifact just don't contribute to the army. They also lack several abilities that make other armies tops of the meta:

1. Almost no participation in acitvation wars;
    2. Limited double-activations;
    3. No insane amount of mortal wounds;
    4. Low to average mobility;
    5. No summoning.

They also have some obvious weaknesses:

1. High cost. Everything, but spells and battalions are 100+ points;
    2. Low wound count. Battleline are only 1 wound, large models are 4, monster is 10. This makes them vulnerable to high rend multi-damage and mass mortal wounds;
    3. Their ability to shrug-off mortal wounds is limited. They can only go to 5+/6+ on a single unit max, I think;
    4. Dependency on expensive heroes. Their most powerful stuff comes from their command points

This all leads to them just not being able to benifit from all the strong stuff at once. More heroes = less other stuff, less heroes = less stong command abilities. More untis = more command abilities, less units = easier to kill them 1 by 1. If they take large units of guard, they also need to keep them wholly within of X inches from heroes, further hindering their movement. And their damage output is not that insane, because 32 mm bases and no rend on spears. So, only about a half of 40-man unit will actually attack. Command abilities that buffs them are also limited. Spells that cause mortal wounds to units based on models count also would be devastating to them. I expect them to be brought by 20-20-20 rather then 40-40-10. And, most importantly, unlike Grimghasts, they cannot be brought back (until FAQ will bring them to LoN, but they will lose their allegience then). And this is literally half of an army.

Armeis with mass summoning, common -1 rend and lots of MW still can severely damage them. Chaff can still block their movement and steal objectives.

Unfortunately, Seraphon lacks everything from above, except from summoning. If Pertifex happens not to be the common meta choice, we'll still have chances. Low damage output means, that we'll struggle against strudy armies, that can bring back single models (read: all death armies).

Kroaknado can definitely do some tricks - snipe heroes with mass mortal wounds and finish them off with Convocation/Arcane Bolt/Realm Spells/Endless spells. Without heroes they will crumble.

Skink spam is still the key - just block movement of their big stuff. Their low unit count means they won't be able to engage and kill them all with good placement. Catapults, however, can easily wipe lots of skinks, but they are not cheap too.

Salamanders/Razorons will shine - no rerollable saves in shooting+rend.

Carnosarus can be great with enough command points - rend+d3 or 3 damage on jaws. They are not good against guard, but can eat stalkers/harvesters/catapults.

Rippers look like a big no from the first look, but in Shadowstrike they still can apply lots of pressure - they can easily eat arkhan in one go. Same for catapult or harvester.

Chameleon skinks can tie catapults.

Suprisingly, eternal starhost can engage mortek guard and tie them (2+ rerollable against 1 damage rend - or -1 attacks). The are also protected against catapult fire fairly well, but vulnerable to stalkers, morghasts and harvesters, so other units need to deal with them.

Thunderquake looks good against everything but massed mortek guard - -1 rend and 2 damage on bastiladons, lots of sallies and razordons, EotG. All rerolls saves, so catapults likely won't do much damage too. They, however, can snipe a bastiladon or slann with lucky instakill shot (roll of 11+ will kill a bastiladon, roll of 10+ will kill a Slann).

Triple Engines - no comments here.

Stellar tempest and Purple sun can also helf against mortek guard. Same for Betrayer's crown. Judgement blade is also an option, but it can easily be turned off by their Terrain/spells.

So, it looks like our alphastrike lists will perform poor, while mass mortal wounds, mass summoning and mass shooting are the ways to go. But it will always be an uphill battle. We'll see how it actually goes after several large tournaments, but now, in my opinoin, they look like they are Fyreslayers, or maybe DoK level.

Slikus Vaw, Dr.Doom, Womboski and 3 others like this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, it seems somewhat fragile with the little rubber bands.

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  15. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    a small contribution, "all army" have Hekatos Keyword, the line have this keyword thanks to the unit leader. The only miniatures without this keyword are the catapult and the gigant(i dont remenber the name)

PD: If you talk about other thing, sorry for my mistake

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  16. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Have we heard any more about the 'Astrolithic Skyshrine' terrain coming before December? The words do seem to scream 'Seraphon'...

17. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I mean, they don't have almost army-wide 4+ or 5+ ignore mortal wounds, like, say fyreslayers or DoK.

95% sure it will be Stormcast-themed.

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

speaking of Astrolithic Skyshrine do you think thats what this is? RumourEngine-Oct29-Content3iujvgh.jpg

19. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

So, same thing we do versus all top tier armies :D

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Yeah, they haven't been utilized since 6th edition.

I guess you are stuck with your silly constellations! :joyful:

Sounds fun?! :confused: