1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

yes but their is also a line in wight dwarf that seas we go native those are the only 2 things both of witch are very miner and don't explane anything that we are working from

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

the tome itself also mentions some seraphon becoming "real" beings once they've been summoned. Summoning just has the same effect as spawning pools it seems. Or at least the difference is minimal.

Besides that, yeah we need a bigger stake in the world.

3. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

So all the chaos God's have their battletomes and are doing there thing and Slaves to Darkness is about to get theirs. Maybe just maybe Seraphon will show up with a new battletome and lore. I wonder if we created our own realm how that would work out with artefacts(from realm allegiance) and what not. Would we be locked into lustrialand or is lustrialanland floating at a realmgate and we get to spill out anywhere? Could be a cool way to work out how seraphon can appear at random places at the right time to help out.

Maybe we created our own realm and the explosion that started Forbidden powers(I forget it's name) exposed us to the world. Then the ossiarch bonereapers are like "damn look at those lizards go. Just creating an endless amount of replenishable bone. We should go say hi" and of course we cannot let our glorious lizard bones be taken so war. Also chaos is like "Oh it's those damn lizards" and they attack. So our skink priest in free cities and up chilling with the godking are like "hey wanna help?" And they are like "Sure" and of course some orcs show up and BOOM we have a foocking battle mate. In the end Lustrialand gets blown to bits and chunks land in each of the realms and that's where we are at now. Seraphon have to protect their spawning pools that are spread across the realms.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

zeench still needs one and maby nurgle
    that is what we do and if they don't let us take relm artifacts they had better make ours great.

it's cald the necroquake and i doubt GW cares enoph to give us a story that big
    i like the fact that we would be fighting every one seems very old world to me and we just don't care how strong you are. bring it on!

Dr.Doom, Skained and Womboski like this.
  5. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

We show up as guardians of the Silver Shard in the Callis and Toll series. It was a pretty cool ending but it was still just the tired old "slann sits around guarding something man wasn't meant to have."

6. Brandfas Machine
    Skink

Brandfas Machine Active Member

RumourEngine-Nov12-Content2jnvgs.jpg
    Is it just me, or does that look like a Skink/Troglodon style tail

Attached Files:

Womboski, Dr.Doom and Skained like this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

imho looks more like an antler. Split tails like the skinks sometimes have tend to be more evenly split into two. And these two ends do not look vaguely equal.

Dr.Doom and Seraphandy like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Could be both, but I think @Canas explanation sadly might be the more likely one.
    Also: the ornament kinda looks like an eye, and the way it looks I'd say it might be Tzeentchian.

Dr.Doom and Seraphandy like this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Nurgle is in a fine place... their allegiance ability is still very much relevant, and arguably one of the best in game. (top 5 at least)

I am of the opinion that they will bring out all the Chaos BT's and then there will be an EPIC showing of Seraphon. 'ol Sigs is like "shit chaos is about to win again"... who do we turn to??"" and BAM super powered lizards with a new BT. With upgraded (read as effective) Saurus units and Magic (endless spells) to make the Aelves think its the second coming of when they got taught Magic lol.

10. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I also think that Nurgle could do fine if GW just lowered some of the point costs a bit.

Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

True, the style of bracelet, the the type of gem both are very tzeentchian. You can see loads of em on the various units. Though none of them have tassles. Maybe another warcry related thing? The tassles would fit with the cypher lords.

Nurgle needs some tweaking. It's summoning is amongst the slowest in the game so they can't rely on that stop them from falling behind. And they just suffer from all the powercreep slowly eating through their defenses. But yeah, apart from some number tuning they should be more or less fine.

Womboski, Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Which can be done in a GHB IMO. the tweaks Nurgle would need for the bump is minimal. Their summoning point generation is slower on purpose from what I recall about a interview a while back... because its passive and counts for "each" terrain piece, not "if there are any".

Dr.Doom likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah, the only issue is that getting multiple terrain pieces on the table takes ages. I did some calculations when it first came out which should still be floating around on the forum somewhere. If I remember correctly you'd need to spend 2-3 turns just summoning more trees (and gaining every single other summon point you can get) before their summoning becomes of any real significance. At which point you're so late in the game it doesn't really matter anyway. Which ultimatly means they only really summon like 2-3 basic units, at most, per game. Imho, their summoning is more of a fluffy fun ability than an actually effective mechanic. Which is somewhat of a shame.

Also, it doesn't scale at all with gamesize. Which further makes it underwhelming.

But yeah, just change their points a bit and they'd be mostly fine.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  14. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

As expected from a faction with an impeccable sense of timing and placement.

Slikus Vaw, Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  15. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! I really hope that we get an updated book sometime soon. I just started building an army and it would be really nice to have our mainline infantry actually be usable, along with some other minor buffs.

I read the Malign Portents story, and it was really neat to see that they still had spawning pools on the ships. (Felt bad for the dying Slann, though.) Personally, I like to think that all the Lizardmen/Seraphon are real, and that the speculation about them being phantasms summoned from the Slann's memories is more the speculation of the other races. We know that a large number of them were saved during the End Times, not just the Slann. I'd really like to know what happened to all those chunks of Lustria that were shielded off before the end. It's possible that some of the other heroes like Kroq-Gar might have been able to survive in addition to the Slann on the temple ships. Here's hoping that they come out with something sooner rather than later!

16. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Nooo... if I had to hazard a guess, that's a tusk of some kind. You... you don't suppose they're making a plastic Chaos War Mammoth, do you? ^o0^

Dr.Doom likes this.
  17. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm getting aelven vibes from this one. It's bound to be from the same release as that artillery / string instrument from an earlier rumor engine.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

looks far too smooth and lithe for a chaos mammoth

Dr.Doom likes this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Some rules for the adeptus sorerita's have been revealed and they got cheat-dice like tzeentch has in AoS. However, an important difference is that they can gain new dice by doing approprialty thematic things. Which is a lot nicer than tzeentch as it means the sorerita's actually get to replenish their dice and don't need to be overly stringy with their cheat dice. I'd love to see that added to tzeentch as well. What do you think?

Womboski, ChapterAquila92 and Dr.Doom like this.
  20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

can't zeench already get dice back? they have a spell that does that

Womboski and Dr.Doom like this.