1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

yup you can go talk to him on facebook

Dr.Doom and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Yeah Kurnothi stuff. I wonder if they are really going to release another new army before giving a new Tome to all existing ones.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

This would be the worst. I'd 100% checkout of The Old World if they changed the scale. Instant deal breaker.

Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

why?

Dr.Doom likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

For many reasons
    • none of my models would be usable (so why leave 8th edition)
    • none of my terrain would be usable
    • I don't like smaller scale minis, they don't look as good (too small for detail)
    • I have zero desire to paint minis that are that small
    • it would not be a natural and faithful successor to 8th edition
    • it would be a game that is lesser than 8th edition so I would simply stay with Warhammer Proper

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

[​IMG]
    this ability is silly but fun depending on what comand abilities thay get it could be fairly good
    [​IMG]
    and summoning not great but better them most

Dr.Doom, ChapterAquila92 and Lizerd like this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

and they get wyld woods thats going to be fun r/sarcasm
    [​IMG]

Dr.Doom, ChapterAquila92 and Lizerd like this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest, looks rather good. It's fluffy, it seems sufficiently powerfull to be impactfull, but nothing that immeadiatly appears broken.

meh fair enough.

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yup don't know enuph yet to make a judgment cal give it a few days or whenever we get acses to warscrolls

11. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

Lustrian Giant Well-Known Member

I dont like the fact that they can just roll 1 dice to determine who goes first one the next turn.
    But other than that, I like the look of this

12. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

it's a 5% diference from a roll of the big thing is they know it's coming and it's something they could always do

Dr.Doom and Lustrian Giant like this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah, it doesn't change much. It just gives them the advantage of knowing it beforehand.

At least assuming they can't influence the diceroll. If they can modify it it's horrificly powerfull.

14. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

I don’t know if anyone has said this before, but the implications of the new STD are great for us! They have turned a horde of faceless, single pose generic warriors into elite looking ones with dynamic poses and lots of customization options. If it can be done for them, it can definitely be done for us! I mean, we already have the blood bowl Saurus, all we need to do is give them proper weapons and armor!

15. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Lol, Archaon ability is plain broken. And I hoped, they would fix stuff like Hand of Dust with stupid minigames. Setting aside the fact that it is ultra-easy to cheat with it if one really wanted to, it is usable multiple times per turn, almost guaranteeing a double turn when needed. I bet my hand, that it will be FAQed in two weeks. But I cannot understand, how they could leave such a BIG hole in a wording.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

you can only use it once since you can only use it at the start. Once you've used it you're passed the "start" so you can no longer use it again.

Though I'm indeed curious how we're supposed to deal with cheating now that you've pointed that out. Since the entire roll is a secret there's no real way for your opponent to check.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  17. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I’m guessing maybe an honor system? If your opponent is cheating that’s on them.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well in a turny the judge will keep trak of it

19. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

Just knowing the priority beforehand is huge. It means that you can play aggressively because you know you have the double turn beforehand, or you can play safely because you know you won't have it, and you have the option to not reveal it and roll for priority normally if you didn't like the result. It's pretty easily one of the best command abilities in the game, since it significantly increases your odds of getting a double turn, and lets you take more advantage of it.

You can do multiple things at the start of a phase... If you couldn't, 2 start of phase abilities could never both trigger. There's currently no reason that you couldn't use it twice.

As far as the cheating thing: making them roll in a cup that they can't move after rolling and covering the die would resolve the issue. They get to look at it once, then leave it in the corner of the table out of the way until it matters again. If they went second that round, it doesn't really matter if the opponent could see it in the first place though, since they aren't required to use it, so they can let the opponent see the result from the start, do their turn, and then have the normal roll for priority.

Dr.Doom, Captaniser and Nart like this.
  20. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Why? "At the start" is just a part of phase. It only indicates that stuff made in it is made before everything else. I only remember stuff that made right after unit has fought or died is only could be made once. But your interpretation means that two things can never happen if it is at the start or is at the end of a phase, like both using Savage Strike and Doppelganger cloak.

Personaly, I have zero problems with it. I absolutely trust everyone in my club, and if someone cheat on tournament it is, indeed, on them. But, unfortunately, there are the WAAC players who even consdier cheating to be a part of skill.

And I just don't like bringing this sleight of hand element to AoS. I didn't like Starseer minigame back there and I don't like hand of dust. I just don't get why not just throw 4+ to see if model is dead if odds are basically the same?