1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I'd honestly laugh if the new character turned out to be the Master of the Skies you can simply build out of the Terradon/Ripperdactyl kit, just with its own warscroll. On the other hand, I'd absolutely love to run a "Morrowind" list of terradons and rippers if that were the case and both units became battleline if said hero was the army's general.

Dragvindel, Carnikang, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  2. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

Seriously, don’t tempt fate!

In all honesty that would not surprise me in the slightest. It would be one of those “I can’t believe they’d do this, but what else did I expect!” moments!

Carnikang, Lizerd and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  3. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I'd welcome it, actually. It would spare us from having to decide whether it's worthwhile to take a Master of the Skies over an Alpha as the unit champion.

Carnikang and Lizerd like this.
  4. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

imagine if they release a new box set of Seraphon vs Teclis aelves.

And the Seraphon half is made up of 2 sets of Saurus knights and a new plastic slann.

Every Seraphon player would have to buy it just for the one hero model or wait 2 years for independent release. They know they got us over a barrel.

5. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

brainxigor Well-Known Member

Just like they did with the new plastic Jain Zar and the plastic Banshees, either you buy a box with miniatures you absolutely do not want or you wait. I was so hyped for the plastic Banshees, but not ready to pay that much just for 11 miniatures. The rest inside the box I already have or as mentioned didnt want anyway. So now I wait until they get a standalone release, which as you said, takes a long time.

Carnikang, Lizerd and samheim like this.
  6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I also agree on the problems with battleboxes. It’s clearly designed to make money while utterly interfering with regular army building as it limits the models you can collect and build. Let’s just hope we don’t get screwed over and put into one of these box sets

brainxigor likes this.
  7. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

Yup, totally agree, but from a buisness standpoint it's very very clever, despicable but clever.

We could also hope that the other part of this supposed rumored battlebox is interesting aswell so you can sell it easily, or maybe keep it! And not this blunder that Blood of the Phoenix was.

Lizerd likes this.
  8. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

9. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

It's really good marketing. Because they only make 2 new hero model's. Then use existing model's to bulk it out with. A slight discount, and then artificial scarcity. And sell thousands of box set's in a couple of days.

I don't even bother thinking about them, because I know they will be all gone before I get the money for them anyway.

I am intrested in the main starter box's though, because they print enough of them and they are easy to get hold of. If the next 40K one is Orks vs Space Wolves, i will definitely get that one.

If you bought know no fear, 3 x, you would have two amazing armies for very little money. The soul wars box sets with the off unit sizes were stupid.

Ideally that is where the Seraphon update would happen.

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I just wish they'd actually keep the stupid boxes in stock for longer than a couple of months. Quit a lot of them are fairly decent starting points for a new army, or at least a nice boost to an an army you're currently working on, especially if you don't have a very large army yet. It might not be very good for building an optimal list, but in terms of collecting-value they tend to be good as they usually provide a decent detachement of troops that make some thematic sense as well as being a (semi)functional formation. There's only 2 issues nearly all those boxes have though. 1) they often give just slightly too little stuff for the formation to actually function effectivly (e.g. giving only a minimal sized horde unit.). And 2) The two sides are rarely balanced. Points-wise the difference usually isn't too big, but often one side has 1 or 2 units the other side has no real anwser too in such a small game (e.g. one side having some powerfull ranged stuff, or the occasional big monster that you can't take down without proper artillery)

Carnikang and Lizerd like this.
  11. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

I’d love a skink flying hero if that’s what you mean, but it would be disappointing if it was basically a minor adjustment to a cut and paste job from the Terradon Warscroll. If they did a decent one that could make Rippers/Terradons battle line would be very cool indeed!

Love this! :D

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, clean up the terradon warscroll, removing what is a pointless choice.
    Give it a proper sculpt of it's own. But similar enough that it's easy to kitbash one from a terradon (similar to how any slightly fancy looking skink with something resembling priestly stuff is now a priest or starpriest).
    Give it some decent effects.

Imho, that'd be pretty great.

Admittadly, if that's all it'd be a bit dissapointing. Mostly due to the long wait, but it'd definitly not be a terrible deal for a new hero.

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

So next weeks pre-orders are up, mostly Warcry. One thing that is interesting is that Seraphon is missing from the next set of cards. You've got Beasts of Chaos, Stormcast, Skaven and such. Trying to think who else is missing apart from Seraphon.
    You would of thought because of the feature with extra rules in the recent Warcry book.

Carnikang, Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

where are you seeing new pre-orders? I can't see any currently on the site.

Also, is aether war already completly out of production? That seems quick, even by GW standards.

Lizerd likes this.
  15. Matrindur
    Saurus

Matrindur Well-Known Member

Missing are Sacrosanct Chamber, Fyerslayers, Sylvaneth, Blades of Khorne, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Hedonites of Slaanesh and Seraphon going by what was in the Tome of Champions.
    Interesting that there is an additional Tzeentch Arcanites which wasn't in the Tome of Champions

Lizerd and little-myth like this.
  16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Imrahil and Lizerd like this.
  17. karlsbc
    Saurus

karlsbc Well-Known Member

Tome of champions kind of hints that each Chaos god's campaign rules works for two different "warband-variations". Probably demons/mortals. But it was definitely not presented clearly in the book.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Lizerd likes this.
  18. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Can’t show the new model yet!! Looking promising!!

Lizerd likes this.
  19. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

What do you mean by that? Have you actually seen the new model were getting?

Lizerd likes this.
  20. Lisette
    Jungle Swarm

Lisette New Member

So, nobody is mentioning the article about the LVO on the Warhammer AoS Facebookpage? It seems deleted now, as I can't find it anymore. The article itself wasn't that interesting and only mentioned Pointy Aelves (and stuff about the tournament being live and something for 40K). But in the comment section someone asked for Seraphon and the answer was interesting. Someone commented 'Better have some Seraphon news' and some official from the page answerd 'It's always posible! Be sure to tune in and find out.'
    So we will see Friday.

Attached Files:

Lizerd likes this.