1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

im already browsing online for replacement
    pillars

2. details
    Cold One

details Well-Known Member

I would put nothing on it, it's better to have space for models to stand on it

it's already disappointing that the large steps don't have the space to put at least a skink

Dr.Doom likes this.
  3. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

Do they really look THAT bad? I kinda like how they're looking and really don't bother myself with updated models. I'd rather wish the release new Kroxigor models and remove all finecast with plastic. [​IMG]
    I mean, honestly, I like them (and no, It's not because I bought 80 of them :D)
    There is still far (far) worse models in AoS
    [​IMG]
    hideous

4. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

That is part of the point though right? :p

5. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

I'm putting my spare Blot Toad on the temple.

Dr.Doom, knave, Womboski and 3 others like this.
  6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

This!

Overall they are still really nice models. And to be honest, to me I like the zombies as well. They have kind of a scooby doo vibe, looks like they might
    appear in a movie with a Saurus playing shaggy and a cold one playing the part of scooby dooh.

That would probably be a pretty good movie actually.

7. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

brainxigor Well-Known Member

Imho our release is okay so far,
    If we look at other factions it's about the same apart of the entirely new ones.

Skaven got Stormfiends, terrain and spell, kept most of their resin line.

Ogors got one new model and a terrain piece, still lots of resin and old models.

Cities of Sigmar lost a bunch of models, all old models, no terrain piece and no spells.

Flesh Eaters got terrain and spells, most models are old aswell.

If you like sculpts or not is personal preference and even if we got all new models, theyd still be not to everyones liking.

Dr.Doom and samheim like this.
  8. karlsbc
    Saurus

karlsbc Well-Known Member

I also have many of them (and even the older monopose version) bought from eBay. In my case most of them waiting for a new battletome to be painted.

They are not the best models at the moment, that's true, and newer sculpts had been awesome, but...
    I came back to the hobby last yearafter a 15 year hiatus. And I decided that I would go Seraphon because I still thought Saurus/Lizardmen were as cool as it gets and what I didn't go for back in the day. I didn't mind Saurus where still the same they were back then, also because they are part of a varied faction. While I seemed that many of new AoS factions lack some personality or variation in the model range.

I think they mix still well together with the rest of the model range when they are part a cohesive army. Despite not holding the ground 1 to 1 in comparison with newer sculpts.

Dreamkeeper likes this.
  9. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

Well why be content with mediocrity. I actuallyl ike the zombies more, at least they are more dynamic to look at with some funny things going on, while the saurus are painfully static. The cold one mounts are by far the worst offenders though, they look tired, stupid, unbalanced with their stumpy tail and pointless front limbs, just awful.

The riders are basically just saurus warriors though, and guards are just beefed up saurus (who do indeed look a bit better, the others are too skinny across the back). Basically the lineup looks off if only 1 kit is updated.

If blood bowl can get a kit of cool saurus and new skinks, would it really be so much of an ask to get updated kits for the saurus in AoS? The look of the hero on carnosaur and blood bowl saurus is just way more in line with modern designs, looks awesome and fits the cover art of the book. The old saurus does not look anything like the more modern appearance, and the artwork clearly shows it is not just oldbloods looking like that, but basically all saurus share the same overall appearance, which is not the case for the models right now.

10. Brandfas Machine
    Skink

Brandfas Machine Active Member

My problem with them isn't the sculpt; the sculpt is okay. Rather my problem with them is that the Saurus Warriors are very small. Saurus are supposed to be hulking and intimidating frames, "Standing taller than a man and as muscular as an Orc".

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Slikus Vaw and 3 others like this.
  11. Bandicoot
    Saurus

Bandicoot Active Member

Welp, I’m alive after almost a year. Haven’t gotten to hobby since I’ve been on deployment but it looks like I’ll have plenty to do in six months when I get back.

While I do think the ziggurat looks like a kitbash of spare parts I like the portal/relic at the top and I’m already excited to start covering mine with seaweed and barnacles.

I actually like most of our current plastic model line sans the rippers and cold ones, but I’d like to see our Krox and Razors get an update. I’d be totally okay if we only get an update to the razors, they are hideous.

I’d also like to see an endless spell that benefits our saurus line. But if the battletome does nothing more than make our Krox and Temple Guard competitive options I will take a limited release any day of the week. The temple guard and eternity warden are by far and away my favorite models of any faction and seeing them playable would be an absolute win.

12. Steve
    Skink

Steve Member

I am hoping that a newer range of models come from the "Coalescing" of a skink and saurus. Wishful thinking but imagine nimble saurus with missle weapons. Or just make the saurus 2 wounds.........

Dr.Doom likes this.
  13. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Yup! This. There is still a whole weekend to e joy so let's back and watch the news come in.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

15. karlsbc
    Saurus

karlsbc Well-Known Member

Random thinking mode:

- The pyramid uses recicled elements because they match the Saurus kits. So not probable to get new Saurus models right now. Would be nice though.

- GW doesn't seem to move on to AoS 3rd edition soon, and not more updating tomes after us. AoS has quite a lot of factions already, not easy for them to get a new faction per month from now on to say it so... GW should anyway keep feeding the gaming community with some minor new things once in a while. Not unthinkable replacing a certain old finecast kit for new plastic kits happens to someone at a certain point to some factions.

- The new terrain makes Seraphon armies even more annoying to transport than before.

- No great changes for Seraphon now means almost everything will still be compatible with The Old World.

- A plastic Dread Saurian would make many people happy. Just a decent warscroll is needed and GW could just cash some money!

- The coalesced may be the abandoned/settled Seraphon from the spaceshipish in some realm (aka subfactions): volcanic salamandery-lizards from Aqshy, beast tamers form Ghur, chamaeleonic ambushers from the rainforests of Ghyran, death worshippers mummy lovers from Shyish, starseers/astronomers from Azyr... No need to cover every single realm.

16. inakue
    Saurus

inakue Well-Known Member

That saurus unit looks beefier than it is actually. I have even thought the picture is edited to be wider, since even the banner looks wider than in real life.

In my opinion Razordons and Kroxis are pretty nice, however Cold ones and salamanders look super outdated...

https://www.games-workshop.com/es-ES/Seraphon-Salamander
    Super sad lizard :(

Womboski and Lizerd like this.
  17. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

We have got to stop using CoS in any sort of release comparisons. that was not a "new" release. that was a consolidation of models that were still profitable and a genius marketing/gaming blend of recycling and repackaging them. they don't fit the "new faction" status really they already existed, they don't fit the "faction update" because it was more than one faction and as a group they didn't exist. I think that release is the outlier and anomaly, skewing results and expectations when used as a comparative.

18. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

And they said in an announcement they were not going to reprint them until later after they do their next project, so could be a few years before they make them again.

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  19. Bandicoot
    Saurus

Bandicoot Active Member

@karlsbc The idea of crashed pyramids allowing us to utilize all realms as inspiration and still keep flavor is perhaps my favorite concept outside of gameplay mechanics. I’m completely giddy at the idea of theming a few warcry bands or sub factions of my main army. The possibilities are now canonically endless

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  20. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Doctor: Giant floating aztec dinosaur space pyramid doesn't exist, it can hurt you!
    Giant floating aztec dinosaur space pyramid:

Dr.Doom, Lizerd and Carnikang like this.