1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

mwha, "new" model might just mean "we stuck it on a round base". Same happenend with a load of skaven models that suddenly became unavailable. It doesn't need to be super fancy :p

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's my thoughts as well.
    Some of them will be removed but get a new model instead, fitting the new aesthetic.

LizardWizard and Canas like this.
  3. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

The final loss should not be much, considering new units and new models for old units.

LizardWizard, Aginor and Canas like this.
  4. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Some rather uncomfortable claims on 4chan aosg today!

Supposedly, whiteboard notes from a GW meeting mention seraphon being ‘phased out’. Obviously no way to validate the source, but the rest of the notes seem to make sense. :confused:

5. Aginor
    Slann

I also read it. Not sure if it means anything.
    Unless it is a long time thing I think it is rather unlikely.
    If they planned to phase us out soon they wouldn't have given us those pages in the GHB I think, including new spells. It also seems that Seraphon are included pretty often in promotional material by GW and/or mentioned in the lore, compared to the armies that are actually being phased out.
    They also never phased out an AoS army that had a Battletome before, so fingers crossed they won't start now.
    EDIT: I also heard that Seraphon sell well, and apart from that: they don't have a style that is specific to the Old World, which makes them fit into the setting well (because they are compatible with everything) and they have a fairly big range of plastic miniatures. At this point those molds have paid for themselves so GW is makes profit if they just continue using them. They even gave us a Battleforce box.
    All that doesn't sound like squatting to me.

IF the anon who posted it is telling true, then he might still not have gotten it completely right. Maybe we will lose some of the old resin models or so.
    That might happen short term.

If it is a long term thing, then everything might still change.

So IMO no need to worry just yet.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Nart, Xuil and Canas like this.
  6. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

4chan is wrong as often if not more often than it is right. This claim has as much credence as me stating here that GeeDubs are going to release an army comprised entirely of me with various weapons.

7. Aginor
    Slann

especially since the supposed whiteboard source doesn't talk at all about stuff we know like Bone tithe or similar stuff.

8. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

They are?! Its the army we’ve all been waiting for! :p

I know it has to be taken with a pinch of salt. The kicker is that there is no knowing with GW - the alienation of customers doesn’t appear to factor into their plans!

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

do you have a link to the whit bord? i have trouble beleaving they want to get rid of us seing that they just released a blood bowl team for us i don't think they would support us in one side game wile striking us from the mane one.

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, the only way I can see this rumour being true would be if we get a complete overhaul that also changes our name. Much like how half the undeath factions were "phased out" and turned into legions of Nagash, or how the various human and aelf factions are currently being "phased out". Worst case it might mean losing a model or two, best case you get some new stuff. Properly phasing us out would be weird given the new stuff we just got, relative popularity as well as the unique fluff & aesthetic of the faction and the fact that everyone likes big dinosaurs :p (I seriously doubt they'l ever stop having a dinosaur faction, far too easy to pull in fresh blood with such a faction...)

11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ya they already have to deal with everyone complaining about the loss of tomb kings and britonia i can't even imagen the crapstorm deleting seraphon would bring on seing as they made it out of the old world if they wanted to drop us that was there chance.

LizardWizard likes this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

This is the full content of the post on 4chan, no link or picture:

Edit:
    The Blood Bowl team however says nothing. All kinds of old factions (Halflings for example) have Blood Bowl teams.

LizardWizard likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

mwha, the halflings always were a joke faction, so them surviving solely as a joke team in a spin-off game makes sense. Plus, they're unique in bloodbowl in that they're quite terrible and thus have a very different playstyle from the other teams. Both factor into their continued survival within bloodbowl.
    And neither of those factors are at play with the lizardmen team. It may not be the best indication, but in between a blood bowl team, a spell lore, our models being nearly constantly featured in video's and artwork and our faction constantly popping up in bits of fluff in the various books that appear I'd say we got a decent indication that we should be fine.

imho, worst case we get an overhaul & become our own grand allegiance of celestial beings opposing chaos. We're already an odd one out in Order being the only non mortal faction. Resulting in the following grand allegiances:

- Order: various civilized mortal factions
    - Destruction: various uncivilized mortal factions
    - Death: Nagash & friends
    - Chaos: well, chaos

- Seraphon: anti-chaos, maybe with some new friends, perhaps one of the slann has managed to run into an old one on his space ship.

Slikus Vaw and Erta Wanderer like this.
  14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i still realy like the 5 faction idea i would love to see what they come up with to round it out and if all we have to do with order is that we sometimes can play with Stormcast we might as well scarper off into the stars.

Canas likes this.
  15. Aginor
    Slann

Citing this comic because somewhat relevant:

[​IMG]

The Order Grand Alliance is a very mixed bag. "Civilized" or "Good" would not be attributes I'd like to tie to them. How are the DoK more or less civilized than the Gloomspite Gitz, for example?
    I would also argue that the Sylvaneth are only in GA:Order because they won't fit into the other ones, and for historical reasons.

I still think that Seraphon belong there. I would even say that they belong there more than most other factions do.
    They are paragons of Order, fighting Chaos is basically their only goal.

I also think that a Grand Alliance made up of one faction doesn't make much sense.

About Blood Bowl releases meaning something or not: I still think that we have to make the distinction between Lizardmen and Seraphon. There have been Lizardmen (and other dead faction) releases before, and they didn't mean anything to AoS.

The boxed games that I would call significant to possible AoS developments would be Warcry, Warhammer:Underworlds and Warhammer Quest, because they are directly tied to the lore of AoS, while Blood Bowl isn't.
    There was a Blood Bowl wood Aelves team lately IIRC, and those are gone in AoS.
    There could be a "Humans of Arabia" Blood Bowl team because it fits the Blood Bowl world, but that would mean nothing to AoS. Hell, the whole old world is gone in AoS but still exists in Blood Bowl.

16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

then we need to be a part of order at the moment we really aren't we can only allie with stormcast we aren't a part of cities even DoK have more allies then we do and they realy shouldn't be working with any one.

i don't want us out on our own in a one faction Alliance as stated above i want to see what they come up with to complement us in a new faction maby we see other creations of the old ones the old world isn't the only place they visited or something completely new. i just want to be a part of something not just a footnote (and the Seraphon where there to) in someone elses story.

17. Aginor
    Slann

To be honest...
    As long as they don't squat us I don't really mind.
    Worst case would be that they really kill us off and replace us by yet another SCE chamber or something.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Your right that would be the worst outcome let us all hope it dose not happen

19. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

That 4chan guy didn't even try, lol. 2/10 trolling.

20. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

IF this rumor is "true", then I agree that it will happen along the lines of renaming the army, and tailoring units.

Based on how much GW talks about serahon and shows them, I don't think they will shelve us.

But, I guess at this stage we have entertain both positive and negative rumors.

LizardWizard and Canas like this.