1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to AOS, starting with Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Wict01, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Wict01
    Jungle Swarm

Wict01 New Member

Hi all!

I am very new AOS player looking to get started with the game. I’ve got a 2 v 2 game coming up in a few months and was looking for some ideas on list building and general tactics/ideas to help me get one over my friends...

The game will be Stormcast & Seraphon vs Daemons (I believe Nurgle and Slaanesh). I’m guessing this is a favourable match up for the Dino boys?

I currently have the following to build and paint in time for the game as a combination of birthday gifts and the odd purchase myself:

1x start collecting box (Saurus warriors, Saurus knights plus carnosaur/troglodon)

1x box of skinks

1x skink priest

1x Bastilodon

Is this a good starting point? What should I look to add next? I think the points limit for the game will be 1500 per player (or 3000 per side).

Any advice and help greatly appreciated, thank you all very much in advance! Here’s to cleansing the chaos filth from the mortal realms :)

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to the Hobby and Lustria Online.

You have a good start. If you are fighting vs demons I can't recommend bringing a Skink Starpriest enough. Giving an enemy unit -1 to their hit rolls is very strong. Making Slaanesh demons lose their 6 to hit bonus is devastating. And to rub dirt in their wounds it will do D3 mortal wounds as well.

You really want a Slann Starmaster. They are the fulcrum of the faction. Razordons are probably the single most point efficient unit from the Seraphon Battletome, they are massively under costed. A Saurus Astrolith Bearer is also something you should look into. They generate additional celestial conjuration points and allow all Seraphon units to reroll failed hits if near them (those for mentioned razordons love him).

Also, if you don't own them, you should get your Battletome, the General's Handbook 2018, and Malign Sorcery.

Best of luck!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard not much to add too what @LizardWizard has said apart from,

Check out this guide to the SC box

Check it!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

since the timing is great look into the battleforce Christmas box

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

pretty much this. Many saved money and all the models are amongst the most useful in the entire Seraphon army