1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to miniature gaming and in need of help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Athrenax, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Wow, diving in planning to play multiple editions. I am impressed and pleased. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Athrenax
    Skink

Athrenax Member

How on earth did you stumble on this post? You thread-necromancer! My plans to play 8th and 6th fell through, and I never got into AoS (although it's not too late yet, of course), but I did actually play my first game a week ago in 9th Age, and it was glorious! I'm playing my second later today, hoping for a similar experience!

Thanks for the welcome anyway!

Crowsfoot, n810 and Bowser like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Good to hear you got a game in.

4. Athrenax
    Skink

Athrenax Member

It was a lot of fun :D Played again yesterday and lost pretty hard, but it was still fun! My Slann/Cuatl rocked the magic phase, but I failed miserably in deployment and movement :( Oh well, can only get better from here, right?

Bowser likes this.
  5. Athrenax
    Skink

Athrenax Member

I was looking to expand my army, and was contacted by someone who has a huge Lizardmen army that he is willing to part with. Having not played much yet, I'm not really sure what I actually need, but I probably can't buy all of it. So if anyone has any tips as to what units are worth picking up for 9th Age, I'm all ears! What I currently have is:

27 Saurian Warriors
    20 Temple Guard (5 of which are proxies)
    24 Skinks
    8 Raptor Riders
    1 Slann
    1 Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur

What the seller has available for purchase is the following:
    2 Bastiladon
    2 Stegadon, 1 with bow and 1 with engine of the gods
    3 Salamanders
    8 Kroxigor
    2 Skink priest
    2 Slann
    2 Scar Vet on foot
    1 Scar vet on carnosaur
    Tetto'eko
    2 Skink chief
    160 skinks
    6 Terradons
    6 Ripperdactyls
    32 Temple guard
    12 Saurus Cav
    30-40 saurus warriors, assembled
    30-80 saurus warriors, unassembled

If I want to expand my army to play larger lists, I'm obviously going to need more core units. Do Kroxigor/Caimans in Skink units count towards the core tax?
    I know I want to get some Kroxigor, and a Stegadon, as well as some more core. I probably don't need more Slann, but are any of the other units worth it?