1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to Seraphon 1000pts army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by shole, Aug 26, 2016.

1. shole
    Skink

shole Member

Hello, im new to seraphon and im trying to make my first army of 1000pts. Most of them will be from the starting to collect box. In the future i will add some more and change part of them for bigger battles but for now im aiming to start playing. So my army has these:

-Saurus Oldblood on carnosaur 320
    -Saurus Sunblood 120
    -Saurus knights x5 120
    -Saurus Warriors x10 100
    -Saurus Guard x10 200
    -Ripperdactyl Riders x3 140

Thank you in advance for your advice about my list

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

What have you done with the other 3 knights from the start collecting box? I know I give this advice a lot, but convert 2 of them to scar vet on cold ones, use bits from the Carnosaur kit.

Bloodclaw starhost
    Oldblood on Carnosaur 320
    2x Scar-Vet on Cold One 200
    Sunblood 120
    2 units of 5 guard 200
    10 warriors 100
    Now no matter what you're short some points.
    Take knights for 120 that leaves you with 60 points, which you could puck up a razordon and put it in there,
    Or take the ripperdactyls at 140 and have 40 points left over.
    If you can get some skinks and a starpriest you have a fairly decent 1k army

3. shole
    Skink

shole Member

I like the idea of convertion and i already had something like that in mind for the extra models. But the Bloodclaw starhost comes with a 100 pts extra cost so im over the 1000.I think none will think of it as a problem but im not really sure.I ll definately go with this battalion later at 2000pts army. Also about the skink/starptriest option, i cant get what i should throw from the list to include them

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Toss the knights and the rippers for now, put the priest and the starhost. Or bump it ip to a 1500 pount game, and then you can keep the 1000 point rules, just with a few more options.

5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

For now, use what you have listed there, and figure out which units you like, we can customize an army to your playstyle when you know what works for you and what doesn't.

Keep your rippers away from the shooters and get them to your target fast.

6. shole
    Skink

shole Member

Thanks for the advice. Ill try the list and maybe change it a bit, one thought is chameleon for the rippers, and ill ask again for a more complex list