1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Of Conversions and Paint schemes. Looking for Inspiration

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by YourSwordisMine, Oct 3, 2016.

1. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

I've just gotten into Seraphon with an old Battalion Box, and I am looking to also get a Start Collecting set as well. I've noticed some of the hero models are currently out of stock at GW, and not knowing how long before their back, I'm looking at doing my own conversions for a few things. I've already been recommended to make my own Scar-Vet on Cold One, but no one has metioned/shown how they've done their own. I am curious as to how others have made theirs.

I'm also thinking of making my own Astrolith Bearer, and I'm curious if anyone has made their own as well?

What about Eternity Wardens? Sunbloods? Starpriests?

I welcome any inspiration you are willing to share.

Lastly, color schemes. I grew up on Godzilla movies and I am really tempted to paint my army in those dark charcoal greys and blacks. Has anyone attempted this? I've not really found anything on google, but then my Search-Fu is pretty weak...

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I haven't seen a charcoal grey and black army quite like the old godzilla movies, I think that would be amazing! For the Scarvet conversions there is an extra scar vet head in the Carno kit. Should be 3 different heads, one for the rider one for the old blood on foot and the last one can go onto one of your riders, others will differentiate by painting the cold one differently or putting a custom banner on it's back or giving it a different weapon.

There are a few astrolith conversions around here, some use parts from the steg kit or other kits. As for the others, if you get the weapon right for the Warden and the sheld and mace right for the sunblood the rest of the model should flow from there.

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I made my own Scar vet with bits from the Starter box and a cold one, his cape is part of the Carny neck, spear is two weapons stuck together, cold one tail is a spare from the starter box

[​IMG]

Grey paint scheme is something I was tempted with a while back,

grey lizard.jpg

Bowser likes this.
  4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

5. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

Made a Scar-Vet on Cold One
    [​IMG]