1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Paint Choices

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by benclark, Jan 22, 2017.

1. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Hey guys in a minor pickle, got under two weeks to get my Start Collecting box painted now so making a special trip (2 and a half hour drive) to my "local" Warhammer to get the paint I need. I do have a list of it all that I'll think I need but it's a pretty big expensive list and I'm just wondering what paints I actually need to paint them per the box art?

Given the time probably just going to do base colour, wash and then one layer plus details, like teeth, eyes, metal, etc. Will go back later and do detail work like picking out every scale.

Thanks and if there is an existing similar thread I apologize.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

If i recall it says on the box some of the paints you need don't know where I stuck mine at the moment.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Seraphon-Paint-Bundle

THese get you most of the paints you'd need to do the saurus up the way they're shown. Something like the orc greens for the cold ones? The GW website has a bunch of bundles and ideas of suggested colours if you're trying to approximate their work.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

As @Acrocanth said If you select the seraphon start collecting from the gw website and scroll down, it shows you what paints they recommend. Then add pick up red, green, black, brown, bone, and some metallics. But you might be better off buying a bundle.

4. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Thanks guys, I had a basic list of those, condensed it down a little and still spent $125 today lol, now on with the painting!

Bowser likes this.