1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Choose 3 to watch for the rest of your life...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Choose 3 to watch for the rest of your life:

1. Star Wars

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Lord of the Rings (& Hobbit)

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. Star Trek (all series/movies)

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  4. Game of Thrones

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. The Current Marvel Movie Universe

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Doctor Who (New and Old)

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Firefly and Serenity

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. The Walking Dead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kevin Smith's Movies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Batman The Animated Series

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  11. Sherlock Holmes (all series and movies)

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  12. Indiana Jones

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

You won’t have contact with them. It’s just you and the three categories of vids you choose and then they throw away the key.

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Is it really so?
    I just ban away from my life the ones ì hadn't picked.
    But i can still watch other things. For example, Bruce Willis movies

Unless i misunderstood the question.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I would be sad indeed if my media was this limited for life, but maybe I'd be more productive.

Star Wars as a current franchise is dead. The original movies are imprinted on my heart. I practically have them memorized. I don't need to actually watch them again

The Lord of the Rings were great movies, but they don't have a lot of rewatch value in my opinion.

I rewatched the good Game of Thrones episodes at least three times each. I don't need to watch them more. Their success was lightning in a bottle never to be replicated, at least not by HBO.

The current Marvel universe ended with End Game. It's like you completed an RPG video game main story line and now you are in free play mode. It might seem fun but it will get old quick. In real life, I'm looking forward to Spiderman Far From Home, but on the whole I'm not optimistic.

I don't dislike Doctor Who, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. New or old, it's mildly interesting to me if nothing better is on.

Firefly was a great show. Serenity was an okay movie. But there is too little of it. There are a bunch of comics I haven't read yet and comics aren't banned!

Kevin who? Quick imdb search. Oh, I liked Dogma, but on the whole his movies don't do much for me.

Indiana Jones has some great movies in it. I'll miss them. But Kingdom of the Crystal Skull shows that the franchise is dead. I don't like to speak in absolutes and rarely use the words "always" or "never" but I'm pretty sure there will never be new Indiana Jones movies that are any good.

Never saw the Walking Dead. Not taking a gamble on an unknown quantity even if I do like the Papa Wolf archetype.

The Winners.

Batman The Animated Series: This is something I rewatch a lot anyway. I bought the DVDs long ago.

I'm not a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes but it's in the public domain and has many spinoffs and variations. Not all of these variations are good, but Sherlock Holmes will never die, so if we are really talking lifetime limits, this is the only really endless resource.

I like Star Trek. The two newest show series are flaming garbage, but there is lots of vintage Star Trek episodes I missed. The only series I've watched every single episode of DS9. I am pretty sure that while the new shows suck, the franchise isn't circling around the drain. The crappy shows are all set in the Kelvin timeline. The shows I actually like are in the Prime Timeline. After CBS loses the franchise war and CBS is bought out by another company, Star Trek's new owner will have a chance to do a hard reset.

Heck, with infinite parallel universes, Star Trek can thereotically survive an infinite number of bad shows.

Just A Skink and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, if this is a limitation for life and you are forced to watch only your 3 choices, things are different…

but at this point, the starting assumption is unfair.
    By what reasoning i should be forced to don't even chose something big as the whole James Bond franchise, but i can pick Indiana Jones, which is just 4 movies?
    and why Kevin Smith's movies, and not DiCaprio movies (just to name one)?

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

The latter - I love the book and I also liked the films for the most part. The only things I thought were meh were Tauriel and the Medieval Russian Lake Towners (I expected them to be similar culturewise to Rohan but with more of a nautical aesthetic, perhaps Vikings rather than Saxons).

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Star Wars, LotR and Marvel.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.