1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Ripper Assembly

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Glenstorm68, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Glenstorm68
    Jungle Swarm

Glenstorm68 New Member

I got 2 sets of Rippers/Terradons on ebay. In the instruction manual it says that you there are parts to assemble a skink chief (ripper) and Tiktaq'To (Terradon).
    What are these? Are they needed?
    Do they add capabilities to the unit?
    What is the normal build out for these units? (unit of 3 including leader?)

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Ripperdactyls would just normally have a Skink Alpha for the unit leader - you could probably get away with modelling it differently if your gaming group are lenient on WYSIWYG, but it wouldn’t add anything gaming wise. With the Terradons, you get two choices. The Alpha, which I get the sense would be the ‘normal’ choice, gets 3+ to hit instead of 4+ for his ranged weapon, while the Master of the Skies swaps his out for a Skyblade, a melee weapon that rerolls hits when attacking something that can fly. I can’t really comment on the gaming side of the Alpha v Master of the Skies debate, but I will at least say that if you have a spare base, going for the Alpha will still leave you with all the parts for a Master of the Skies, and he can make for a half decent Skink Priest with Feathered Cloak.

Hope that helps! :)

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

These are the command units within the the two different units now. The name character is from WHFB and no longer called TikTaq'to. For Rippers they leader get 1 extra attack with his spear. The two Terradon options are a choice between getting a Melee Sword attack or just having a standard Jav or Bola.

4. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

If you grab the war scrolls for free of the GW website that should give you a better idea of the make up and choices with the unit. Mostly they refer back to warhammer fantasy battle ideas.

For the riperdactyl chief its the ax and the skymaster has the crescent jawbone blade both are assembled using a 4th body you have as an option out of for making 3 riders in a unit.

LizardWizard likes this.