1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Question about seraphon music or lizardmen music.

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Tuxedokman, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

@Tuxedokman you bring up some fantastic points that I neve considered before. It is unlikely that the Lizardmen could (in the real world) use anything resembling a blowpipe or a flute, simply because of their anatomy. They very well would probably be restricted to drums or gutteral cries/screams. Maybe even a xylophone type of instrument? Or a pipe organ?

Anatomical issues aside, my favorite music to play in reference to the Lizardmen is from the old Pitfall: Mayan Adventure game. Here is an example:

Link to the thread where I posted more info on this game. Its pretty old at this point... so many memories! :smuggrin:

2. Scalenex
    Skink Priest

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I hate to plug someone that doesn't pay me, my search for long playlists of instrumental music to have on head phones at work has lead me to Derek and Brand Fiechtner.

Their bread and butter is "One hour of ______ music". My favorite is one hour of Dwarf music. What sets the Dwarf music apart is the percussion that sounds like hammers falling on anvils. I think we need to figure out something like to accentuate hypothetical Lizardmen music.

Here's an hour of jungle and trbial music

Here's an hour of dinosaur and prehistoric music

Maybe mix and match these two for Lizardmen music. They have a good single on the Aztec Empire and Mayan Empire respectively in this playlist of ancient civilizations. Their pieces tend to be on the light and relaxing side, which is fine, Lizardmen are not always on a tear like the Orcs and Goblins, but I would like to see a dash of this epic playlist to have a bit of battle music, or beloved protagonists dying in battle music.

3. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Temple Guard

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

*Stumbles in late*

Whilst the lizzies as mortals would to my mind stick to more drums, pipes, and tribal music, I find myself more agreeing with @ravagekitteh. Even before becoming literal starlight, the lizzies were very much star orientated. Thusly, i'd see their true music being the song of the stars, whether harnessed or only heard by the Starpriests and Slann (in the Warhammer-verse) or the literal song of the starlight of the Seraphon. Of course the actual sound of the universe is well beyond our mortal conception...

4. GreenyRepublic
    Saurus

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'd say that Endless Space got pretty close.

Scalenex likes this.
  5. ravagekitteh
    Chameleon Skink

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Here's another good one, if not for the Seraphon then for The Mortal Realms in general:

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Ripperdactil

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

Here's a slightly different one for Lizardmen I found, from a PC game that's close to my heart - Dragonshard! Anyone else heard of it? No? Well, it has Lizardfolk in it so you're all missing a great game!

There are some excellent ambient themes in it but I could only find the battle themes. Anyway, enjoy!

And here's one that would be a good Bretonnian theme for the likes of @Warden :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017