1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about stripping

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Teheloqtec, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I reccomrec LA's totally awesome

Teheloqtec likes this.
  2. Sephalo
    Skink

Sephalo New Member

In my opinion the best for the job is "Biostrip20", in case you want to try something new.

It's not harmful for the environment (!), doesn't leave a horrible smell (like dettol), works fast and easy and it doesn't damage the models.

What I do:
    - I put enough in a cup so that the model I want to strip fits in perfectly.
    - I let it in for ~30min.
    - I bring the model to the sink, turn on comfortably warm water and hold it under the water while brushing the paint away with a toothbrush.
    - Done in 2min.

This works perfectly on any metal or plastic figure. But finecast could have issues.

Some things to watch out for:
    - If you leave a finecast model in it for too long it will start damaging the material. For some reason finecast is fragile for this stuff. I still use it on finecast but only soak for like 15min and then see if the paint comes off already. I once left a model in it for 2 hours because I forgot about it. After that the plastic became flexible. After a week (!!!) in the fridge it became stiff again and luckily the model was saved, but it was a close call. ;)
    - You could reuse the same stuff over and over again if you pour it in a bottle and safe it. The liquid will become dirty but can sometimes work for like 3 'runs' in a row. I personally am a lazy guy and never reuse it, but many people do.

Only problem is that I don't know if it's available all over the world, but perhaps through eBay there's an easy chance to get it.

Teheloqtec, Aginor and tom ndege like this.