1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Rate my armies (2000 points)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Keep the carnosaur and take the Seraphon Allegiance. The items and abilities are nice, but having your knights or guard as battleline is even nicer!

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Hold on, I just asked around on Reddit, and I got the following reply:

"You can use the Order Command Trait and Artefacts, but if you pick Seraphon Allegiance then you cannot use the Order Battle Trait. It's not a big loss because rerolling Battle Shock is almost useless for Seraphon.

There are rumours of a new book containing allegiance traits for pre-Generals Handbook factions, but they are likely just hopeful speculation.

As a side note, you should consider bringing a Saurus Oldblood so you can reroll wound rolls of 1."

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yes, my mistake I did not include that. If you choose Seraphon allegiance you can still take the Order ability Defiant Avengers:
    You can reroll battleshock tests for friendly Order units within 12 inches of your general or another hero from your army in the battleshock phase.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Actually they say it's the way around:

You lose the order ability (which is useless), but you can still take the command and items :)

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You are correct, I just reread that whole section very carefully
    Edit: So just for clarity:
    All units are Seraphon you can choose to take Order or Seraphon allegiance.
    If you choose Seraphon allegiance you can have your Knights and Guards as your battleline units.
    You do not get the Order ability Defiant Avengers.
    But may still take an order command trait, and an artefact of order.
    If you choose Order allegiance you may not use Knights and Guards as battleline, but you can take units from other factions, as well as the Defiant Avengers ability, an order command trait, and an artefact of order.

6. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigma...e_seraphon_allegiance_commands_and_artifacts/

It's odd as he never seemed wrong before himself. But I suppose what you say makes more sense.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

8. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright, great! :) So I get two artifacts and a command ability. Check!

Bowser likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Glad we both learned something new today! Changes a few things for me!

10. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

The bloodclaw starhost didn't say that Astrolith Bearer doesn't count in the 3 heroes for the formation?

11. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

It said that as part of the starhost you can take Scar-veteran, Scar-veteran on cold one, Scar-veteran on Carnosaur. I assumed that with Scar-Veteran they were refering to the only other Scar-veteran unit in the lizardmen pdf: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-lizardmen-en.pdf The Scar-veteran with battle standard.

12. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

That is old, in the new battle-tome, there is no more a scar-veteran on foot, that is an oldblood now. They changed some things in the battle-tome, so i don't think u can take a bearer as a parte of the 3 heroes required

Bowser likes this.
  13. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Ah, that's a pity, could you link me to that?

14. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

https://www.games-workshop.com/it-IT/Uomo-Lucertola-Sauro-Anziano sry that is in my language, but u can see it from games workshop site, that is the old scar veteran on foot, now an oldblood. They also change the oldblood on cold-one, now that is a scar-veteran. Probably they have to change that because named heroes are not more in the book, except for lord kroak

15. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright, I've made some minor tweaks, what do you guys think? :)

Bowser likes this.
  16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looking good, that passive in the oldblood is awesome, and his command ability actually can be quite useful!

17. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Yeah, I know what you mean :) It will allow me to charge in my units first :)

Bowser likes this.
  18. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Also I've added 3 more armies, could you rate those as well? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Saurus might is more for casual play. But how viable do you feel the other armies are for competetive play?

Bowser likes this.
  19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I really like army 5 and 6. Savage Thunderquake rerolls wounds and saves, put up the great drake constellation rerollimg missed hits your monsters become so effective. The two will play differently of course, I like 6 better, but I have always been a saurus guy. Army 5 requires you to put more thought intoyour movements, which is never a bad thing.

Army 7 looks like a fun list, It requires you to identify and assassinate his key heroes. Kroak and the Bastiladon will do that Tehenhauin is a great distraction, and I don't know on the ruling if he buffs bastiladon or just regular skinks. I suppose the easiest way to answer that question is with another question. What units buff the kroxigor?
    Strong army, but short on infantry which if you're objective hunting can be crippling.

20. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Thanks for the feedback! But at #7, what did you mean with the Kroxigor? They're not part of the army there.

Also someone suggested adding a skink priest to Saurus might, as he feels that even for a casual match I should still protect my warriors from melee (The Slann only protects against range). I created the following new Saurus might, and I was curious which of the two you liked more? Also, I'm torn on using the scar ver on cold one, or the oldblood. Scar vet on cold one buffs the knights, but oldblood allows rerolls on wound checks of 1 and allows for more chance to attack first in a charge with his command (right?). Which do you think is better?

New one:

Saurus might

Bloodclaw starhost= 100
    Oldblood on carnosaur= 320
    Scar veteran on carnosaur= 260
    Scar vet on cold one/oldblood= 100
    Sunblood= 120
    Unit of 40 Saurus warriors= 400
    Unit of 5 Saurus knights= 120
    Unit of 5 Saurus knights= 120

Skink starpriest= 100
    Skink priest= 100
    Slann starmaster= 260 (uses his command as well for save rerolls in the shooting phase).

Total= 2000