1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiction Respect Your Elders

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Xantalos, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Xantalos
    Jungle Swarm

Xantalos New Member

Hello all! I've seen this forum from time to time, but the idea to actually sign up and post here never occurred to me for some reason until now. I've been a major fan of lizardmen for a long time, and I recently (well, ten months ago, but at the speed I update that counts as recent) started an interactive forum game centered around the lizardmen, who've ported into the 40k galaxy and are now doing their thing in that setting. This forum being what it is, I figured at least some of you might like that sort of thing.

It is hosted on another forum, however. I'll provide a link here, and subsequent ones whenever I update. Hopefully that's good and kosher by the rules here; I'm fully happy to answer any questions or such here, it's just that dual-posting this thing across two forums seems like something that could easily get messy.

Anyhow, enough prattle, here's the link: Respect Your Elders v2: Galactic Boogaloo

2. Xantalos
    Jungle Swarm

Xantalos New Member

Hmm - actually, I should probably include a bit of actual material so there's something in this thread other than me blathering.

Long ago, the enigmatic Old Ones descended to the Warhammer world to shape it in accordance with their mysterious Great Plan. To aid them in the monumental task of painstakingly reshaping an entire world in ways both physical and mystical, they created a race of undying servants that were unflinchingly loyal to their will - the coldblooded beings known to most as the lizardmen. Heirs to the might of the Old Ones, the lizardmen moulded the world as the Plan decreed, exterminating unwanted species, moving continents, constructing a mystical web of obelisks and cities to channel the geomantic power of the earth, and shifting the orbit of the planet itself.

All seemed to be well, until the powers of Chaos shattered the barriers of reality and engulfed the planet. The Old Ones vanished, and their children were left to face the wrath of the eternal gods of the Warp and their infinite daemons. They fought fiercely, and the lizardmen killed many times their number in warpspawn, for their power in those days was great indeed. But without the guidance of their creators they were helpless to stem the tide of daemons, and it was only through the courage and ingenuity of the elves on their continent of Ulthuan that the world was saved, for the time being. The lizardmen survived the catastrophe, but were forever diminished from the heights they had previously held. The world continued to grow and change outside of the confines of the Plan, and the lizardmen lurked in their last stronghold of Lustria, attempting to ascertain the proper course of action though they lacked any knowledge of the Plan's actual contents.

Now the shortsightedness of the mortal races and the eternal evil that is Chaos have combined into a storm most foul. Fate's corrupted strands have released the End Times upon the world, and the lizardmen realize with grim certainty that the Plan has failed. They can do naught but stare into the teeth of oblivion as it races towards them, and perhaps leave a scar on its face before they perish.

But an ignominious end is not what the Old Ones intended for their heirs. Ancient contingencies prepared in the case of the worst of eventualities have self-activated, and though the coming storm is thick and tempestuous, there are still gaps that light can shine through. The lizardmen have existed since before the Old Ones ever set foot on the world so many years ago, and they still have a lesson of importance to impart upon those younger than them...

Respect Your Elders

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

Welcome to the forums!

4. Xantalos
    Jungle Swarm

Xantalos New Member

My thanks! Though I will admit it took me a rather ridiculous amount of time to reply to this, it's because I've been writing the next update for this quest, which is now posted here:

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...-lizardmen-quest.43913/page-147#post-11607388

Feel free to take a look if you wish, though do be warned it's around 10,000 words long so you may be reading for a while.