1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog Resurrection of an Army

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Axquirix, Feb 2, 2018.

1. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Never enough lizard heads

3. Axquirix
    Saurus

Axquirix Active Member

Okay, more progress today on the Balewind platform!
    Balewind 3.PNG
    Not sure what to put on top of those corner pillars. Possibly something like the big feathers on the Skink Starseer palanquin. The underneath's pretty much finished now, just have to detail the anti-gravity-tictac things.

Ritual, Warden and tom ndege like this.
  4. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

What about snakes? Or make three with feathers and three with snakes? Maybe spherical gems? Totem faces like the riders drums? Or torches?

Just brainstorming here...

5. Axquirix
    Saurus

Axquirix Active Member

Good suggestions! I've been trying to stick to having things in three for smaller details and then sixes for the obvious bits, but you've got me thinking that I could do two spheres (something like the Starseer's staff) opposite each other and then four of something else...

tom ndege likes this.
  6. Axquirix
    Saurus

Axquirix Active Member

Had a little bit of a brainwave yesterday, and I've come up with this;
    Balewind 4.PNG
    Little fonts or braziers, about 7.5mm tall so they won't interrupt a wizard's line of sight too much (and definately not a Slann's). You could fill them with still water, you could fill them with something to imitate hot coals, you could make them into little planters, you could model skink sentries sitting in them. Lots of options. I'll be making a separate model of them soon, too, since they'd fit well on a 25mm base to use as game objectives.

Warden, Ritual, Aginor and 1 other person like this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

That's a nice variant. Both flames and water would look cool. Maybe even half-half!

Axquirix and tom ndege like this.
  8. Axquirix
    Saurus

Axquirix Active Member

Day off for current projects today to try something new, using spares from my brother's skeleton and zombie sprues to make some filler units and objective markers.
    20180519_150036.jpg 20180519_150048.jpg
    Actually looking forward to painting and basing these more than most models I actually intend to play with, which feels weird. Probably because it's a really small and simple project; stone, zombie flesh, leather, two wood bits, two metal bits, one bone and then base them.

Warden, tom ndege and Aginor like this.
  9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

I know that effect. Limited scope and crrativity instead having a fixed goal makes for good motivation.

10. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

Awesome work, I do like unit fillers and using extra leftover bits... great that you are doing both at the same time!