1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Rokanos' WIP Lizzy Host (Updated 2-15-2011)

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Rokanos, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

Re: Rokanos' WIP Lizzy Host

this has to be the most annoying thing ever i cant see the pics for some reason
    strewart as the master of this site please help

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

The photos all work fine for me. Maybe it was a temporary problem? Look again. Or try using a different browser and see if they load.

3. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Well, been some delay in clearcoating my finished models due to weather, so I'll just take pics of them like they are so ya'll can at least have a looksie at the basing and let me know how it looks.

Should have em up a little later today.

4. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

I finally figured out how to not suck so much with the camera! Enjoy!

Pics of steg, and both my sallies (no, the steg howdah is not finished, nor is it even put together yet lol)...and also figured i'd throw up a couple pics of the first warhammer model I started about a year ago and never finished.

Sally 1:
    CIMG0254.jpg
    CIMG0255.jpg
    CIMG0253.jpg
    Sally 2:
    CIMG0256.jpg
    CIMG0257.jpg
    CIMG0258.jpg
    Stegadon:
    CIMG0261.jpg
    CIMG0259.jpg
    And...the HE Dragon I started working on around a year ago and never got the willpower to finish. (This was my first warhammer model I ever painted, and it is still very WIP, but I thought you guys might enjoy it.) You can also see on the rocks where I was attempting my first ever blending..and it didn't go so hot lol. The underbelly and base skin has no washes or highlights, and the base isn't finished. Wing membranes..I'd say they are finished, but lookin at them again I feel like they are missing something. Oh well.
    CIMG0266.jpg
    CIMG0265.jpg
    CIMG0267.jpg

5. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Re: Rokanos' WIP Lizzy Host (Updated with new pics!)

You did blending on your first ever model?! I haven't even attempted blending and I've been painting for about 4 years! And I don't see how 'it didn't go so well...'. It looks amazing.

6. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

yay it was just a temporary thank's strewart now rokanos i really like every thing :D
    but could you take a pic of all your stuff i find no one does it

7. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thank you! and yeah, I got really bold and said screw it. I didn't want the whole rock looking the same, so I decided to go big or go home. It is pretty apparent up close where the colors did not blend at all. From a mediocre distance it looks decent, so I suppose it wasn't a total loss. I've actually been thinking about painting over it and tryin again, now that I know a bit more and have had some practice at a couple diff types of blending. Mind you, that dragon wasn't my first ever model, just my first Warhammer model. I have painted a few reaper figs for D&D groups prior to it, but had never really attempted anything fancy, it was more along the lines of slapping some paint on and doing a quick wash and then leaving the fig. Never really got serious about painting until I stepped into Warhammer.

@slanny - yeah I will definitly take a shot of everything once I at least have my Slann based and touched up, as well as my saurus unit (at the very least the front rank) all painted up.

My Slann is the next on my list to be touched up and finished. The saurus are definitly the biggest project for me this season.

8. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

cool

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow. The colour scheme and execution on those salamanders is excellent, great work! I'd be tempted to do something similar, but I'm already commited to making the scales of mine the fiery part.

Also, really nice work on the scales of that dragon!

10. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Just read through your whole posts looks fantastic. The was sorely tempted by red on my steg model too. I look forward to your howdah shots.

PS the detail inside the help of the HE is insane, face, eye white, eye colour and pupil. Nicely done

11. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thanks for the compliments guys!

To be honest, I wasn't trying for that much detail in the eyes. I originally wanted just a single blip of color at the very least, and decided to change the blip to black, got lucky and it turned out smaller...I doubt I'll be able to replicate another model as well as I did that one lol.

12. stormshaft
    Skink

stormshaft New Member

Stunning stuff here mate.
    I absolutely LOVE the scheme on the Saurus Warriors. I like it so much that I might even "borrow" it from you on my own. :)
    Awesome work here man, I'll be following this thread closely.

13. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Glad to hear it! :D

Thank you for the kind words! Knowing that people are following this will help me get my lazy butt into gear and back to painting! :D

14. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Easing myself slowly back into the swing of painting. Thought I'd start by finishing up that chief I was working on seemingly ages ago. These were really quick pics, so they didn't turn out quite right, but hope you guys enjoy. I was attempting to go for a "flame" look on the weapon.

CIMG0271.jpg
    CIMG0269.jpg

Cheers

15. Thunda Parrot
    Skink

Thunda Parrot New Member

Really nice work on your skink there. Weapon looks nice.

16. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I really like the different look of the weapon, I really think it looks awesome!

17. 1968yearofmetall
    Cold One

1968yearofmetall New Member

dude.......AWESOME!!!!!!
    I love the way you turned the slann to "your own"
    I belive mine looks a bit like gw, but he looks good too xD
    what I dont understand is how you manage to get the picture in here- I have to post links, witch sucks...
    I also like the grayish look on the grass you used for your skink chief.

18. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thanks guys!

I upload all my pics to photbucket before putting them on here. Just makes it easier.

19. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Alright, I know I've been a terrible person and haven't updated in a couple months, but I come with exciting news!

I am forcing myself to get as much of my army done as possible by the time the new Tomb Kings stuff comes out. I may end up selling off this army to help pay for it. (Tomb Kings was always the first army that attracted me to the game, but I wasn't very fond of the older models.)

After that point, or even now for that matter, I will gladly take comissions if anyone wants me to paint a general or character for them (please no rank and file, they drive me nuts! lol)

If you are interested in having me do a comissioned work for you, please PM me and we can discuss it further.

Look for updates, as I'll be trailblazing through what I have as fast as work allows!

So far I've based coated 15 sauri tonight, so I'm well on my way already :)

I also want to extend a thank you once again to all those who kept an eye on this thread and helped motivate me to do what I've already done. This forum is the best :smug:

Cheers! :pompus:

20. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

I dig your color scheme and painting skill. I'm sad to hear you'll be selling them!

However...

I'm pretty much on the exact same plan! I've always loved TK and in fact it is one of the only army books where I read the entire lore section before I made it to the models / stats / items section. I had a gaming friend who played them so I never really wanted to start them. He has quit warhammer though, so it's time for me to take my rightful place upon the throne!

So, it sounds like it's a race. =) Good luck!

-Div