1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Rules refresh

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Snoopdeville3, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

Think of the people who spent like $200 on archaon if his sword(which has 3" range) couldn't even hit anything

Aginor and Bowser like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Archaon would still hit I think. Because if you measure from any part of the model (his feet for example) to any part of an enemy unit's model there will be something in range, or am I mistaken? Especially because a unit piling in would end its move on his base (0.5" from the model instead of from the base).

As for the flying units on 3.1" poles
    In fact many models with 2" range would still hit, wouldn't they: All of them that have a part of the model that is more than 1.1" high. If I look at my friend's Savage Boarboyz for example, they could hit the Terradons if they are standing next to them.

Oh and btw: It is funny how the GW guys'n'gals obviously noticed that method of measurement can be a major problem.
    There is at least one warscroll that includes a rule that you should model from the base instead of the model, can't remember which model it was though.
    Also it is one of the very few houserules described in the GHB.
    Btw: Do those official GW tournaments (at Adepticon or so) use model-to-model measurement or base-to-base? I would have bet they don't. Has anyone here ever played a tournament with model-to-model measurement?

Bowser likes this.
  3. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

Every tournament stream I've watched, GW/Adepticon/LVO all measured base to base. That goes for every youtube battle report as well actually, I dont think i've ever seen a game measured model to model.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Most measure base to base, I imagine the GHB 2 will end up with that errata as well.

Seraphage likes this.
  5. Snoopdeville3
    Razordon

Snoopdeville3 Well-Known Member

Ya I also measure base to base, feel weird measuring from the weapon.

Game update, I got my butt kicked lol.......

Bowser likes this.
  6. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

You have to measure base to base.

Abusing (as written) rules for fliers is easy. Fly your models 3" above the target (could probably just build some adjustable stand) and forever lock a unit in combat for your 120 pt unit of terradons and just shoot them down while your terradons are in complete safety.

You could also just, as mentioned, model your dudes to be able to attack opponents while completely nullifying their attacks back.

Either way is super cheese. As Bowser mentioned, I would be hard pressed to think that they don't remove the model to model measuring in GHB2

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You couldn't nullify attacks back, assuming same range it is closest poibt of the model, so while you could sit and shoot, you still need the range to make it, and id their weapon could make it from model to model, then opponents wwapon could make it. The only thing you could do with this is play kewp away with points. Technically on the table. Can't hit or be hit without a cannon or some other mass range warmachines.