1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Salamanders in plastic

Discussion in 'Salamanders Discussion' started by Essmir, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

Hello guys I just fond this on the webb and it apers to be the first salamanders in plastic(u know "in flesh" but they plastic? No body? Eh... eh? )

Eum.. They seems to be nice quite detailed and muscular and well look at the picture I'm not good at talking..

kings of war kickstarter wave 2 forces of nature salamanders warhammer lizardmen saurus.JPG
    Wath do you guys think?

//Essmir

Warden, n810 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

They don't look to bad, would like to see them up close.

Essmir likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Thanks for the picture. It's tough to make out... I think once they get some paint on them it will be easier to make out the details.

4. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I like them a lot. They remind me of the old 5th ed Saurus but with a different style of weapon. I'm really keen to get my hands on these even though I already have about 80 Saurus warriors still in boxes

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

[​IMG]

6. Jack Trowell
    Cold One

Jack Trowell Active Member

Essmir likes this.
  7. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Yep I'm going to need to get me these models...I might replace the 40 warriors o have painted with them

8. Jack Trowell
    Cold One

Oh, and in case somebody wonder, they are on 25mm bases, so Saurus sized.

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

10. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Is there is pics of the other salamander models. I might get into kow or just implement them into my aos army

11. Jack Trowell
    Cold One

For now there is only one salamander kit, the one show here with options for eitheir great weapons or hand weapon and shields, and it's just now about to be released to retailers.

The full salamander army from the Uncharted Empire supplement has been made first to give Warhammer players somewhere to place their armies, official models from Mantic will probably come later but don't expect something soon.

Of course the base salamanders are already at a decent price and being hard plastic should be easy to convert to the other options by kitbashing them with appropriate pieces.

If you happen to have some of the old plastic Saurus from Warhammer 5th edition, they are smaller than the modern ones and salamander and would probably make perfect models for Salamanders Unbloodeds

The ceremonial Guard and simply salamanders with spears and shields (and maybe some additionnal decorations on their armors), so converting them should be trivial, just cut the weapon and replace with plastic spears from your bit box (or drill the hands and insert brass poles if you prefer)

Anciens are maybe slighty harder, but if you can find some approrpiate bling to add to normal salamanders, and/or maybe a different paint job (Maybe a paler color, or even white, saying that with age they lose color or develop white spots ?)

For the cavalries, Kaisenor are similar to cold one riders, and the Rhinosaur riders are large cavalry, the same conversions used to make them from saurus should also work with Mantic Salamanders.

12. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

The general feel to them is quite nice.

Defiantly lizardmen-ish, but different enough to the GWones that I think they could be a interesting change of design. If made proper they could fit along side the GW Sauruses. Saurus with GW, perhaps :) the Idea intriques me and I would love to add them to my collection, mainly also because I would like to try out KoW, soon or later :D

13. Purehammer
    Skink

Purehammer Member

Really like the look of the models. Will there be an army bundle like the abyss one?

14. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Ill say this, KOW models are a lot more affordable than GW

15. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Which is defiantly a plus for the folks who likes a huge army to present. .. no wait also for the likes of ne who just like to have random selection of models... come to think of it I really like that there are variation like this, quality vs quantity, especially with war games like these :)

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It's always good to have a cheap alternative. Plus more competition is always advantageous from a consumer standpoint.

The Sauric Ace likes this.
  17. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Indeed! :pompus:
    Plus these got great weapons; so perhaps we could convince the ninth age board, to make that a saurus option :p

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I wouldn't bet on it. So far the trend seems to be removing options... not adding new ones. Plus with the Saurus' poor initiative, GWs would need to carry with them an enormous price tag in order to avoid being an auto-include.

19. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Halbards then ;)
    They owe us one after last update, it's the least they could do :p

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

hahaha... good point. By that measure they better give us ASF halberds and Fly(9) for all our units to make up for that mess. :D