1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Saurus Warriors.. The tactica?!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Pinktaco, May 10, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I know and I'm quite grateful for that. Also this doesn't just benefit me, but others who are checking this thread for information on saurus warriors.
    It's also a good exercise to reflect on your own strategy and share them with people who are of different opinion.

If I were to use Lore of Light the nurgle wall will be in trouble. Also I just found out that the deamon player used Kairos. That guy knows a fvckton of spells, but basically no attacks and only T5 and 4+ ward? He'll lose 1,6 wounds pr turn and more due to unstable. Such an odd deamon xD

2. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

I would like to make an official statement:
    If you are not playing with any restricts that hinders you,
    If you are not playing in a "No SC's" environment,
    If you in case of the two above still dont bring Tetto'eko, then you are a fool!

He is by far the strongest choice in the book.
    Nowhere do you get more bang for that silly buck you have to pay for him.
    He is effective in ALL Lizardmen lists.
    If you think you can use you points better, you have to play him terrible to be right :D

Qupakoco and Pinktaco like this.
  3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Banishment will hit Kairos like a train. Hits at S4 so that's wounding on 5's, but it's 3D6 hits and it forces the target to reroll all successful ward saves which is valuable on that 4+.

Pinktaco likes this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Which is why I'm bringing him. There are basically no rules except weird stuff like no 50%, no khaine magic (but ET models and armies still allowed haha). Only Chaos Dwarfs allowed from Tamahurkan. No Gnoblars, no super monstrous cavalry for Ogres etc. It's fairly straight up.

Tetto'Eko is quite ridiuclous for what you pay. Even objectively looking his ward is.. 30pts? SO a normal lv 2 mage would be 120pts, but WAIT he can reroll comet, vanguard D3 units, buff all mages in the casting phase, hide behind skinks (lol) AND is a loremaster. All of that for 65pts. Fair? Certainly not.

The only other SC I'd say is just as good or nearly as good would be slugetunge (did I spell that right or did I just create a weird Danis word?) and Trogg.

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Unless my math is wrong 2,6 wounds on boosted Banishment (boosted for range = can target in deployment zone).

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Tetto is definitely awesome. There will be times however when you just can't fit him in; such as when running a slann with a priest (for scroll caddy purposes), etc. Would you take Tetto over a scroll caddy priest when playing alongside of a Slann?

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

That's what I'm going to do. Kinda risky so I'm hoping that my rerolling 1 failed dispel attempt can get me through haha

8. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Which is why I love bigger games, my full 3k army gets the Slann, the caddy, and Tetto, plus and Oldblood for good measure.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

3000 pts is my point level of choice. But that is still a lot of points invested in magic; almost a full third of your army.

10. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Yes it is, my army is super heavy on the magic. Between the channels given by Harmonic+Channeling Staff and two other wizards and with Tetto's general rerolling ones as well as the Engine lowering casting values, I invest a lot of energy into my magic phase.

11. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I did some math on lore of light. Boosted Shem's will average 1,5 wound on a 1+/5+ deamon prince without charmed shield. If we can do that just once our OB should be able to "safely" take out the Prince. It'll also do 3 wounds on a terrorgheist. Not bad.

Banishment can likely remove 4-5 plaguebearers and 1,7 wound on a terrorgheist.

Due to counting as burning boosted Shem's on nurgle beasts will do 3 wounds. Banishment will only do 1,7 wound, BUT if you somehow manages to get both off after each other Banishment will do 3 wounds as well. The likelyhood for that, however, is rather low.

Alternatively Shem's on trolls followed by thunderbolt or whatever may also hurt then. The low casting value Shem's can be used if your opponent is a bit daft.

12. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

So now that I have more time I'll likely soon be fixing the thread. I'm still fairly busy for the rest of the week, but I'll be doing it soon ^^

13. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Make sure your hero's have magic weapons, :writing:
    if anyone was going to have ethereal units it's going to be vampires. :vamp: