1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy, Episode VII: The Assassin Awakens - Signup/OOC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 18, 2018.

1. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

errrr...

sorry, i don't think i'll be able to participate... a bit too busy :oops:

2. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Just waiting for the plot to move forward a bit.

That's too bad, though fully understandable. These types of things can be quite demanding, especially when already having a pretty busy schedule.
    Thanks for your interest and I hope you can join us again in a near future!

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I would have been happier if you had been able to give me earlier notice about this, but I can work around it. I do understand that committing to this may well spend quite a lot of time, and here's hoping that you may have more time in the future! :)

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Just wondering @LizardWizard, what’s the name of the kingdom of the Schurs going to be? I ask as all the other players have given names to the nations from which their dignitaries hail and as I’m going to be making the map I would like to know where the Schurs rule.

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Ohh, I shall have to reference all the other players lands so that I don't create geographical problems. I am assuming to the south (should it fit). It is a place with cold winters and muggy summers. The Schurs are one of the leading Merchant families in Hilden, the only port city of the Nation of Lystenbur. The country is ruled by a council of merchants called the Synod. They have no true Royalty, but instead have prominent merchant house holds and trading companies.

That is the kind of background I normally wait to reveal through conversation, but seeing as we are in need of a map:D

6. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Are we going inside now or are we still outside?

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Heading inside I think.

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

You'll see in my next post.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

image.jpg Hey I drew a rough (very rough) sketch of the map. Lol it needs a lot more detail and better handwriting. I placed all nations where they would fit . I’m hoping this will inspire someone to make a good copy of the map. Also what is Lord Ravensden’s nation called? That nation is the one in center. Also the map needs a lot of filling. What we could do is make a forum for map ideas and let people post ideas for nations to go in it. Then we could advertise our RP and fill up map. That way we could use this same world to RP in for our forum RP. Please tell me if anything doesn’t fit or if I forgot something.

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I’m still doing my more detailed version. I must admit mine is considerably different to yours, but we did both see Sovnskrine as an island to the north. As for your question, Lord Ravensden’s nation is Calderon.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

As several of you have found inspirational art for your dignitaries’ kingdoms, I’ve been doing the same.

For starters, here’s what a basic village would look like in Calderon:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Skagaskon is to the east, beyond the mountain range! Ironfell is also beyond the mountain range, but to the north!

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I’ve made sure to include this in my more details version - just wondering, would you all like me to map roads in your kingdoms as well as my own? I ask as I’ve been mapping roads and settlements in my kingdom and was wondering if you all wanted the same before I show you the finished article.

14. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Yes, if that's not too much trouble for you, I'd love for the map to look more uniform and so having roads and settlements everywhere would look very good!

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

If you could post a list of settlement names and locations in your kingdom that would be a great help!

:)

Xasto likes this.
  16. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Oh some more info about Duskhallow. It is an island nation probably nearer to south than to north. It has many large mountain ranges and swamps. You can just add a few unnamed town to it because I have no clue what they would be called. There would probably be like 3-5 towns and then one city, Duskhallow.

17. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

I doubt Sovnscrine would have any roads to map, although possibly some mountain paths, but nonetheless I’d be very happy for you to add more features to the map. It would likely be a series of islands joined by a frozen sea, with plenty of mountains and such. Settlement wise I think it would be a couple of small villages and towns with one or two larger, walled settlements. I think they would likely have suitably stereotypical Nordic sounding names - I’ll leave them for you to come up with, or you could just leave them blank if you wish. I can’t wait to see the fruits of all your hard work!

18. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Also as for roads my island wouldn’t have roads really. There are paths to settlements but they are dangerous and not paved. In the city however there are paved roads and stuff lol. Let’s just say they don’t dare to send people out on the paths for a long time.

19. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

I don’t know about the rest of you but it feels a bit soon to have one of our characters killed - it doesn’t feel like there’s necessarily been time to get to know each other well and make the most of all the backstory we’ve come up with. Perhaps if the first night there was a murdered servant or something instead to set the scene without requiring anyone to lose their character and part in the game? Feel free to say if you disagree, but the rate of a potential two kills a day feels very fast, at least given that for me at least it doesn’t feel like we’ve had much time to do much, so perhaps if there was one more day without deaths?

Also, I’m assuming that @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl’s character is not going to be the assassin or the assassin’s victim given the necessity of using him to tell the story?

Xasto and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  20. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

I do find it funny how indepth we are getting with character development and backstory in a game where possibly everyone will be killed off.

If anything it feels a little saddening how this world and its people has been evolving only to serve as a stage of murder. :p