1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon 2000 pt aos

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tizianolol, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

hi all guy, i wanna post my first competitive ( i hope) list for this fantastic army.

10 skins(bloodspotters+moonstone)
    10 skins (same)
    10 skins(same)
    (My battleline,fuk alliance rules) :(
    6 rypperdactyl riders
    15 saurus guard ( just op)
    10 chameleon skins
    1 old blood carnosaur (order alliance command trait 6, artifact 6, idk in english) ;)
    1 skink starpriest(amazing spell for buff my saurus op guard)
    1 saurus eternity warden(another buff for guards)
    1 troglodont( test)
    1 salamander (test)
    Shadowstrike starhost
    Do u think is better troglodont and salamander, 1 more unit of 10 chamaleon or salamander and 3 kroxigor without troglodont?:)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

With the heavy nerf to rippers, i rarely field 3 of them, so 6 seems to me a waste of points. And by comparison, also the shadowstrike lose some of its appeal.
    I don't think a single sally will do wonder. 2 IMO is the minimum, and 3 is optimal.
    Troglodon is not a bad model, but one of its utilities is that it serves as a resilient frontline arcane vessel... and you have no slann to channel spells.

That said, units may be strong or weak, depending on how you intend to use them.
    What is you idea for the tactic? how do you plan to fight?

Bowser likes this.
  3. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

My plan was kill best enemy unit with shadowstrike , and use saurus hero and skin priest for buff temple guards..so i got old blood, buffed sursus guard and troglodont to kill enemy , and chameleon ( maybe 2x5) for support and control objective ..do u think shadowstrike a waste of point? What u suggest? ;)

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

oTrying to mantain the feeling of your army...
    In my experience rippers are glass cannons: they appear, kill their target and die in the retaliation.
    6 rippers are 280 pts, so their target but be worth the sacrifice... but costly heroes will be probably kept save, enclosed in some disposable unit, and there's also the case that all those rippers will step on each other wings, making you lose attacks.
    I would completely avoid the ripper and the shadowstrike.
    pick a Slann: 260 pts, you'll have more magic support, will exploit the arcane vessel granted by the troglodon and (tnk to the Great Drake constellation) you will reroll 1s (thus you regain the bunus that you are losing not taking the shadowstrike), and will be protected by the warden.
    now, with the 120 pts from the formation, you can pick 2 other sallies, or another unit of 5 chama... and I assure you that 3 units of 5 chama are a nightmare for any opponent (and the same can be said for 3 sallies).

Your army should now cost 1980 pts, and those 20 saved pts could serve you to have the advantage of the triumph table, if the opponent is fielding 2000 exact points.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Wow fantastic idea!! I got only 1 question..but its about roules..i havn t chose slann mostly because i don t know how evocation works..can u explain me how evocations and reinforcement works plz ?;)

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

ah, summoning is not that simple, if you play with points.
    Basically, you should keep a "reserve pool" of points that you don't use at the beginning, and then you summon using those points.
    for example, with a 2000 pts army, you pick an initial force of 1800 pts, and then you can summon units worth 200 points.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Ok thx a lot.. I have red in this forum that if i lose for exemple 10 saurus from my initial unit of 20 saurus,i can summon 10 saurus without spend reinforcement points.. U agree?:)

Bowser likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Sorry, but nope. Thet's not supported by rules, the only ones that can do such a thing are undead factions, that are explicitly permitted to do such a thing without spending points (they also have banners that raise dead models, until the unit is not wiped away)

Bowser likes this.
  9. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

The General's handbook rules specifically do not allow you to resurrect slain models without spending reinforcement points.

10. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Ok thx for the help:)

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Well, we cannot raise dead models, but the ones with multiple wounds can be healed.
    As seraphon, we have the ability of the Engine of the Gods (but it’s unreliable ) or the strong thunderquake Starhost (but it’s very specific).
    With allies, we can use a battlemage (jade), and there are surely other ways.

12. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Ah ok..seems nice but my list is too different for that :)