1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon 2k Competitive: Lizard Death Star! *Updated Lists with more commentary

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Joshua Horchler, Jan 9, 2017.

?

Which list would you take to a tournament?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2017.
  1. List 1

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. List 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. List 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. List 4

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

That is correct, however with the new rules, you can only gain one additional attack from a single dice. It is no longer until you miss.

BUT. When you attack in range of a Toad, you get 3 beak attacks from each guy. That equals 18 attacks, and then with the re-rolls you average about 14 hits, which gives you like 28 hits in total.

Bowser, Lachlin and Seraphage like this.
  2. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

Got my first major tournament coming up and this is the list I'm running with:

Scar Vet on Cold One (General) Legendary fighter, Relic Blade (100)

Shadowstrike starhost (120)
    Skink Priest , Priestly Trappings (100)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders(140)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Eternity Starhost (80)
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    Eternity Warden, Phoenix Stone (140)

Old Blood on Carnosaur, Quicksilver Potion(320)
    Skink Starseer (160)

If the synergy and star seer works out ok then pretty much everything can have some kind of re-roll, it's a list which is exposed to mortal wounds but other than that can cause and take a lot of hard hitting I hope. I've found Rippers in the formation are great against light armoured units or heros though with the deep striking they can be a bit of a kamikaze unit

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Rippers have always been kind of a kamikaze unit, they come in hit hard, but are so paper thin that they pretty much go down on the attack back. But, if they take out a lynchpin hero or at least a unit worth more than them they were worth every last point. You have two battalions so you can give an artefact to the Starpriest or starseer. Solid list, should do well for you.

4. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

Already have the three artefacts, wanted to make the scar vet a little more hard hitting if he needs to get his hands dirty!

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Oops, missed the one on the Oldblood.

LordRibbit likes this.
  6. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

I have edited list 4. I'm going to give Old Blood the +1 wound (he is a huge target for mortal wounds...), One ScarVet on Carnosaur quicksilver potion and the relic blade to the Scar-vet on a Cold one (with Old Blood that means a potential of 10 +3,+3 attacks that do 2 dmg at -1 rend all for 100 points).

Any final tips or advice you would offer for this list? I think it could compete with most armies, but we lack in Mortal Wounds and Seraphon overall seem to show their age a bit with their rules. That being said, I'm sure I will have a blast playing and collecting this list.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Our lack of mortal wounds is the reason that many players consider Salamanders a must have which makes a lot of sense BUT it is hard fitting everything !

"So many good things to choose from, so little points"

Bowser likes this.
  8. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

I can see why people like Salamanders, but they also appear to be very unreliable. 60 points is cheap, but without the handlers around they have an 8inch range, if you roll a 1 or 2 to hit or wound they do nothing and then you have a 50% to do D3 wounds. I will have to try them out, but I don't like how a lot of things have to go well for them to do what you want them to do.

Bowser likes this.
  9. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

I think they're best in the thunderquake starhost, each model heals 1 wound or d3 if near a slann every hero phase, so that gives them a couple of extra wounds, and then making them savage means that they save just over half of all their wounds suffered. Three sallies in a unit is a good number I think, if you reroll their wounds, they're quite likely to get two streams of fire on your foes so you're doing avg. 7 wounds at -2 rend with that and then an extra 2 mortals as they melt away.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

That's a good point Scubrat. I'm not the biggest fan of the Thunderquake Starhost, but I could see a unit of Sallies in that battalion being much more reliable.

I think the Engine of the Gods is really over priced since the summoning nerfs. It's funny because you want to run a Skink Star-seer with an EoG, but the formation wants you to run a slann.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Bowser likes this.
  11. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

I updated the lists thanks to some input from Lord Ribbit. I have collected he main core of each of these armies and look forward to playing different versions of all 3. Let's show others that the Lizards can compete!

Bowser likes this.
  12. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

I'd like to point out that for the hero deathstar with the Bloodclaw Starhost, you can actually run 2 Oldbloods on Carnosaurs (the one not in the batallion being the general) and use both command abilities for +4 attacks, since the bloodclaw Starhost lets all of the heroes in it use command abilities regardless of whether or not they are the general. So for 1320 points minimum (+20 points per cav unit instead of infantry), you could have 2 oldbloods and 3 scar vets on cold ones all with +4 attacks and re-rolling 1s to hit and charge, with either 2-3 relic blades on the Scar Vets, or Quicksilver potions on the oldbloods to shred two units before your opponent gets to attack. with 9 bites, or 4 claws and 7 bites, and re-rolls of 1 to hit (or re-rolls on everything if you decide to take a Sunblood instead of one of the cold one scar vets), you're averaging an absurd amount of damage.

For exactly 2k points, you could get
    Leaders
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
    - General
    - Trait: Reckless
    - Artefact: Quicksilver Potion

Bloodclaw Starhost (100)
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
    - Artefact: Quicksilver Potion
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact: Relic Blade

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline

Shadowstrike Starhost (120)
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)

Total: 2000/2000

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  13. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Hmm that's interesting. For some reason I thought Saurus Oldblood was a unique hero and that you could only field one (40k reasoning). Is Oldblood just a title that elite Saurus gain?

That is pretty interesting. You lose the Starseer with that list, but your Scar Vets are even scarier now. I'd be tempted to run the 3 relic blades one the cold ones. I know how good the Quicksilver is, but if both oldbloods roar, that's a potential 14 swings from the cold one Vet's at +3 +3 -1 2dmg, rerolling 1's to hit.

Bowser likes this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yep, Oldblood is just a title, the only seraphon unique is Lord Kroak. Oxyotl and Tehenhauin are Lizardmen unique characters but all else can be played in multiples.