1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Shadowstrike advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by TheCrux, Oct 10, 2018.

1. WarbossLincoln
    Skink

WarbossLincoln New Member

I just got into seraphon and have a bunch of skinks on their way today. I like the shadowstrike battalion on paper a lot. What's better, post nerf Razordactyls or Terrodons? I'm still inclined to think the Razors are better even after going to d3 hits per hit on the beak.

I'm going to end up with 50 skinks, 40 as skinks and 10 as chameleon skinks.

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

their role is different, however rippers, after the nerf, are back to GHB2017 tier (basically with the rule of one about additional attacks)
    They're still strong, but now you need more models to form a unit capable to shred enemies into tiny pieces.

3. WarbossLincoln
    Skink

Yeh, I think they're actually a little better with the current errata than with the rule of 1 about additional attacks. They do d3 hits automatically on a hit instead of getting an additional 1 attack that might miss. I wish they weren't so expensive, like 50$ for 3 of them. Right now I need an engine of the gods and a slann more than I need rippers to finish out a shadowstrike.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  4. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

As a general query regarding the Shadowstrike Starhost, how well does it pair up with other starhosts in a 2000pt army list? For context, I'm currently using an Eternal Starhost list with a cogged slannado and astrolith bearer.

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

A shadowstrike is good at assasination but has approximatly 0 staying power, so starhosts that bring staying power synergiz well.
    In terms of raw synergy:

Shadowstrike + eternal: shadowstrike for assasination, eternal for the staying power. If Guards didn't have so many issues with mortal wounds this combo would be amazing.

Shadowstrike + firelance: again, firelance give staying power in melee. Should synergize well. Take some big dinosaurs with it and you have a well rounded army.

Shadowstrike + sunclaw: if you take a 40 man horde unit it can give the staying power. Unfortunatly this combo gives you only 2 units (the horde and the flyers) that actually do anything so it's easy to defang.

Shadowstrike + thunderquake: works decently, tad expensive though and lacks models for claiming objectives and such unless you bring some extra.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  6. WarbossLincoln
    Skink

I'm thinking of trying Firelance+Shadowstrike, Scar vet on Cold one with the Uglu sword of judgement in the battalion and a Oldblood on Carnosaur with Doppelganger cloak to bump up the attacks on his own bite and the Scar Vet's pick. Scar Vet getting 2/CP extra attacks and attacking a second time on a 4+ is pretty nasty. D6 mortals on a 6 to hit a monster or hero.

Canas likes this.