So I've adored this set since it first came out and I finally bought it for my birthday (saw it for £30 off in a sale the next day, ugh). I've been keeping track of my progress month by month, with the goal of having it all done by September. Progress had been good up until I got the flu for the second time this year, and now I'm starting to feel the fatigue. I thought if I post what I do then I might get motivated. January was mostly spent building the models, with the rest of the time making storage for them with all (well some) of the scrap foam I've hoarded all these years. I knew it would come in handy. First to be finished were the Grot Scuttlings. I started with these because I thought they are the weakest models of the set aesthetically, also there's a lot of them and I wanted to get them out of the way. I painted them as they are, only changing the colours of the spiders for variety. Also no metallics because metallics don't like me. I'm still going at the Acolytes, I have the two with shields left. Most of the adversaries are on a single sprue and there are two of these in the box, which means each model has a duplicate which isn't good enough for me. So I've been replacing them with unique counterparts, buying the box and eBaying the rest. I couldn't come up with a better idea of how to paint them and I like the studio paint scheme so I just did that. Some little details are different and I have been doing a variety of skin tones for fun. Skin tones were another weakness of mine, and the way I adapted was to mix my own. It's really easy, you just mix brown with a whole lot of white, choose another brown to wash with and there you go. I'm using that pink/orange for all the feathers in the set. It's a combination I've loved for a while now, I've used it before on other models but I feel this method is the first time I got it right. The gems were painted like black opal, just with a different colour palette. It works great on the larger ones, the smaller ones not so much. The brimstone horrors were my palette cleansers. Something quick and easy to do in between with only five or six colours to them. Just like the feathers pink fire is going to feature throughout the set. The first of the familiars. I painted it just as it is in the book, only with a few more scales.