1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Skink Hunters v.0.10.1

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Haemoglobin, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

The commitee have a different alternative which revert them back to 10 model units, but it's more of a back-up plan.

2. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Would you have more info about this backup plan?

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I believe it was:

• Skink hunters - 10 models minimum, 5pts/model, 3pts/model for skirmish, shield 1pts/mode
    • Skink braves - 15-20 models minimum
    It's basically a raise on the minimum size of braves, but you can still go cheap on the skink hunters, which is something I'd likely do. You can still create a cloud, but it would probably be full of non-skirmishers if you want 8 units.

Haemoglobin likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

+1

That is a great point.

5. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

I'm liking this backup plan :p at least I would still be able to field 5x2 Skirmishers

6. Oldblood89
    Skink

Oldblood89 New Member

I agree, my bases weep because of this. However, our saurus cav are still way too expensive for what they do. Most other cav are either way cheaper, or way better. Those damn chaos knights actually got cheaper, but are still meh compared to the skull crushers.

I get the charge off on any other cavalry, which all have str 4 now, including the horses, I have to eat all those hits before I even go and lose 2-3 saurus cav before I even get to go. So yeah saurus cav not really worth, I would rather take terradons, rippers, or more monsters.